ATH-A700 are they real good?
Nov 12, 2010 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bvzxa3

Head-Fier
I like the design....are they similar to MDR-V6's? My wife saw these and thought I might like em as a gift (she buys me stuff)....so give me your thoughts because they could get purchased tonight.

Will my iphone 3gs drive them well?

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 5
They're pretty good...I still have my pair.  They are real easy to drive, and to my ears they actually don't really scale a whole lot with amplification.  I can't honestly tell you how a iphone will drive it (have no experience at all with them), but portable players should drive them fine.  Be warned, however, they are massive.

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #3 of 5
How big are they? I'm looking for a second pair of cans that is more portable than my Denons. 

Quote:
I like the design....are they similar to MDR-V6's? My wife saw these and thought I might like em as a gift (she buys me stuff)....so give me your thoughts because they could get purchased tonight.

Will my iphone 3gs drive them well?

Nov 13, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #4 of 5
They're big -I wore a pair of ATs (A900) in public once.  A lot of people looked at me real funny-like.  The sound quality of the A700s is really good for the price, but they're definitely not the most portable cans out there.  Here's a picture of my A900s (same size as the 700s). 

Nov 13, 2010 at 7:51 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
They're big -I wore a pair of ATs (A900) in public once.  A lot of people looked at me real funny-like.  The sound quality of the A700s is really good for the price, but they're definitely not the most portable cans out there.  Here's a picture of my A900s (same size as the 700s). 

That's cool. I walk to work, and ride the bus. If you look at the pic I have for under my screenname, I already wear a pair of mdr-cd480s. Those make me look like an alien, but they are comfortable. That's what people say when they put them on.

I will get these then...thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back