AT M50 vs beats by dre studio which is better?
May 18, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #46 of 75
YMMV and thank you very much, Mr. Fascist. 

May 18, 2010 at 3:17 AM Post #47 of 75

Quote:
I am probably one of only two people on this site who prefers the Studios to the M50. The other one... is also in this thread somewhere.

I honestly find it hard to believe anyone would rate Dr Dres higher than M50. I've tried both in the same set up and there really is no comparison. I don't even think dr dre's bass is good by any means. It is just loud.

May 18, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #48 of 75
Lol anything is gonna be better than Skulljunkies. The beats are popular because they're endorsed by Dre. Noise cancellation is proven to distort sound quality and create fatigue on the listener. M50.

May 18, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #50 of 75
Quote:
Well now, you must have magical ears being the only one in the world to ever hear it like that. During my side by side comparison i came to a different conclusion.

So yeah wrong, and good night.

As if your impressions are worth far more simply because they mesh with pre-determined generalizations.

That's all I'm posting. I can't afford to keep feeding the troll.

May 18, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #51 of 75
My impressions matter to me and me alone, i never said otherwise, if you read back a page you will see i said he was entitled to like the phones but to lie about how they sound to rationalize that is just bull.

Maybe that head injury affected the frontal lobe.

May 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #53 of 75

I honestly find it hard to believe anyone would rate Dr Dres higher than M50. I've tried both in the same set up and there really is no comparison. I don't even think dr dre's bass is good by any means. It is just loud.

X2 Can't believe that. It's just so night and day.

May 18, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #55 of 75
I just grabbed a pair from the ebay store proaudiomart, thanks for telling me about that deal!

Sorry to interrupt the internet-argument.  
popcorn.gif

May 18, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #56 of 75
Beats Solo vs Beats Studio?

They lacked the... uh... clarity of the Beats Studio. Which is ironic,
since the Beats Studio aren't that very clear to begin with.

Beats Solo vs M50?

The Solo do have a ton of bass (overwhelming really), but the quality of the bass isn't
on par with the M50. Not to mention the Solos sound awfully muddy.

In short, take the M50. You're not gonna look as "in style" compared to the looks of the Beats, which
looks terrible IMO, but your ears are gonna thank you on the long run since they have great SQ for their price.

May 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #58 of 75
Are the m50s better than sony mdr xb700's in regaurding bass?

May 19, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #59 of 75
I listened to the Beats Solo for about 30 seconds from and ipod touch at an apple store playing some bassy top 40 hit I know reasonably well and that was all I needed. I think for $20 you could probably get JVC Flats or something that doesn't sound like mud that peaks at 100hz and drops off.

I think the M50 are actually pretty sweat looking. They look horrible in the amazon product photo but IRL they look like professional DJ cans. I think they make you look like you a musician/DJ or you actually care about your music. I would never wear beats in public. They make you look stuck-up. Even if I saw a hot girl wearing beats it would make me think less of her.

Sorry for noob img skills. If there's away that wouldn't take me 10 min to make thumbnails PM me.

May 19, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #60 of 75
Deleted

Not fair, the mods hold your post to be verified and only tell you it's being held for a second with a tiny window. I reposted my my first post thinking there was an error and then they verified both my posts and let me double post the same thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back