Asymmetric in-ear buds for around 35-40$
Nov 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Kizsde

New Head-Fier
Hi All,

I'm pretty new here and would like to hear your guys' opinions. I live in Eastern Europe and I'm not that of an audiophile, still I'd like to have a relatively cheap but decent earphone. My main criterias are that it should be an in-ear one and the cord should be asymmetrical (or J cord, whatever they call it) and shouldn't cost more than 35-40$.

Previously I had a Pioneer SE CL21M-J-K, but the cord broke at the base of the plug, so now I can't hear anything.

I listen to all types of music (rock, electronic, ambient...the only exceptions would be hardcore techno and house I guess), so maybe a well balanced earphone would be the best. I was pretty satisfied with the sound quality my Pioneer produced, so I'm not looking for one that meets the highest standards.

Also I'd prefer the better known brands, as I can mostly buy those from the shops in my country and ordering from global webshops like amazon would be a bit complicated for me.

Apologies if I kinda sound noobish, but I asked around in my regional forums, but could not get any advice, so I'm trying my luck here.

Thanks in advance!

David

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #2 of 15
The Sony EX310 are great punchy bass J cord in earphones with good clarity and fairly widfe soundstage.

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:
The Sony EX310 are great punchy bass J cord in earphones with good clarity and fairly widfe soundstage.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have checked it and it seems I can get it at a few places, not too many though. How does it compare to the Sennheiser CX 300-II? It is more popular here and found a lot of positive feedbacks on it.

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 15
Obviously the MH1C. I almost thought this thread was a gag post just to talk about them.

Nov 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:
why not try the ever popular Sony MH1C?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632892/review-sony-mh1-the-best-kept-secret

Quote:
Obviously the MH1C. I almost thought this thread was a gag post just to talk about them.

Thanks a lot guys, I think I will check this out as well, seems to be a nice one with fair price. Also, this should work with any "normal" MP3 player, right?

Nov 15, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #7 of 15
Yes, it works 100% with "normal" MP3 players that have never tried to make use of a fourth contact point on the plug (mic, controls, etc.) The only issue is when you have an old phone that used a different set of rules for that fourth contact point than newer phones do.

Nov 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
Yes, it works 100% with "normal" MP3 players that have never tried to make use of a fourth contact point on the plug (mic, controls, etc.) The only issue is when you have an old phone that used a different set of rules for that fourth contact point than newer phones do.

Thanks for the clarification, I'm pretty convinced now that I'll get an MH1C :) Seems to be a blast for the price.

Quote:
Buy a new plug for your pioneers??

Well I was actually thinking recently about "upgrading" my earphones anyway, as the Pioneer was getting a bit weatherbeaten.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #12 of 15
Well just ordered my MH1C yesterday due to the suggestions and reading only good about it. Luckily I'm a fan of J-cords so for me this is the ideal IEM for the price.
ksc75smile.gif
Thanks for the help guys!

Nov 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM Post #13 of 15
Just got my MH1C and I must say the difference is quite remarkable to my old Pioneer. Honestly I have recognized new instruments and other layers of music in the songs I listen to regularly. I have no idea about the more "professional" IEMs, but for me this is perfect! Thanks again for all the suggestions, I probably would not have found out about this little gem if it wasn't for this forum. Cheers!

Nov 23, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #14 of 15
Just got my MH1C and I must say the difference is quite remarkable to my old Pioneer. Honestly I have recognized new instruments and other layers of music in the songs I listen to regularly. I have no idea about the more "professional" IEMs, but for me this is perfect! Thanks again for all the suggestions, I probably would not have found out about this little gem if it wasn't for this forum. Cheers!

Awesome! Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back