Asus Xonar Phoebus With DT990
Jul 22, 2012 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

x7007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

What options should i use for Gaming for best surround effect and details, so i can hear footsteps and directional bullets location. and what settings should i use for Movies + Music ?

All i am talking about is now the RIGHT way to hear the sound how it should be, after that tell me what is your recommendations about better settings for each mode.

Cause it's hard for me to feel different with the headphones compare to what i had SteelSeries 5CHv2.

Thanksthanks.

Jul 22, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
What options should i use for Gaming for best surround effect and details, so i can hear footsteps and directional bullets location. and what settings should i use for Movies + Music ?
All i am talking about is now the RIGHT way to hear the sound how it should be, after that tell me what is your recommendations about better settings for each mode.
Cause it's hard for me to feel different with the headphones compare to what I had SteelSeries 5CHv2.

Audio channel set to "8 channel" for movies and gaming, "2-channel" for music.
Sample rate, I just leave mine at 96khz
Analog out "Headphone"
Gain setting? depends on which DT990 you have, 32-Ohm, 250-Ohm or 600-Ohm version?
250-Ohm and 600-Ohm, use highest gain setting, or whatever sounds "right".
S/PDIF, leave unchecked.
Dolby Headphone, try both checked and unchecked.

Try using the program Foobar for music.

Make sure you have disabled on-board audio, in the bios

Jul 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Audio channel set to "8 channel" for movies and gaming, "2-channel" for music.
Sample rate, I just leave mine at 96khz
Analog out "Headphone"
Gain setting? depends on which DT990 you have, 32-Ohm, 250-Ohm or 600-Ohm version?
250-Ohm and 600-Ohm, use highest gain setting, or whatever sounds "right".
S/PDIF, leave unchecked.
Dolby Headphone, try both checked and unchecked.

Try using the program Foobar for music.

Make sure you have disabled on-board audio, in the bios

Audio channel set to "8 channel" for movies and gaming, "2-channel" for music. Ha , to use 7.1 , not 5.1 ? where should i change this
? For headphones don't have option to select speakers, the Configure in the windows speaker settings is greyed out.

Dolby Headphone ? you mean Dolby Theater ? which options ? Which profile ? And what to disable in the profile for which use ?

Jul 22, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Audio channel set to "8 channel" for movies and gaming, "2-channel" for music. Ha , to use 7.1 , not 5.1 ? where should i change this
? For headphones don't have option to select speakers, the Configure in the windows speaker settings is greyed out.

Dolby Headphone ? you mean Dolby Theater ? which options ? Which profile ? And what to disable in the profile for which use ?

Oops, you have the Phoebus, my directions were for the Essence STX.
I'm guessing the Phoebus uses a difference name then the Xonars, for the same settings.
8= 7.1, 6= 5.1

Just download the Phoebus manual, things have changed.

Better place to ask about the Phoebus
http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?136-Xonar-Phoebus-ThunderBolt-and-ThunderFX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back