Asus Xonar Essence STX
Feb 8, 2010 at 6:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

varunkumar

New Head-Fier
Hi guyz. I just bought Xonar STX with sennheiser HD 595. After doing a lot of research i did this. I hope i didn't do a mistake. I am still waiting for the shipment t9o arrive. I will give my review after i receive it. If somebody has any suggestions for me you are most welcome.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by varunkumar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guyz. I just bought Xonar STX with sennheiser HD 595. After doing a lot of research i did this. I hope i didn't do a mistake. I am still waiting for the shipment t9o arrive. I will give my review after i receive it. If somebody has any suggestions for me you are most welcome.

I would give those HD595 prolonged seance of pink noise between auditions at first ...they take a while to break in.

Feb 8, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 12
nice purchase, congrats.You have got a very decent rig now.

So, now either make your first post the last one....

or

Sorry for your wallet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2010 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 12
Hello :)

First post here directly from France !

I have had the HD595 with essence stx card for a year now and really enjoyed them. I have sold my headphones to buy the HD650v². I hope they will perform better with this really nice card.

Enjoy your headphone. You will have a starting week with a sound sourrounding bass at the beginning and after like 20hours or so of use then you'll find it better and better !

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 12
Yes do note the hd555 and hd595 takes very long to break in. I feel like selling my hd555s when i first got them :)

Jun 18, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #9 of 12
Well that is subjective opinion as consider opamps flavors and just like anything else, not everybody likes the same flavor.  The Bursons are alright but there are many other discreet opamps out there.
Many have been using them for a long time with these cards.  Check out the Audio-GD units as they go great with a ST(X).  I have also been testing some custom  built ones that show great promise.

Oct 15, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Any other recommanded headphone? cuz HD595 is a little expensive for me... I've spent a lot on the xonar essense stx

The HD555 is quite a bit cheaper, is it within your range? 
With a screwdriver and 5 minutes you can open them up, remove the sticky-back foam pad, and make them sound very nearly the same as the HD595s. They have the same drivers and almost the same internal structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back