ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
Nov 23, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #181 of 888
  I'm so confused about the STX II vs and H6. What is the point of having H6, is it just to upgrade the 5.1 to 7.1?

Many of our fellow Head-Fiers have home audio systems with discrete analog multichannel inputs (e.g., a McIntosh® MX140 surround-sound processor driving a full bag of active studio-monitor-grade speakers:  Seven full-ranges for the front left/center/right, side left/right, and rear left/right; plus one subwoofer or group of subwoofers).  The Asus® XONAR® H6, developed as a companion to the Essence™ ST™ and updated for the STX II™, provides the additional analog outputs (viz., sides, rears, center and sub) for multichannel home audio.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #182 of 888

Many of our fellow Head-Fiers have home audio systems with discrete analog multichannel inputs (e.g., a McIntosh® MX140 surround-sound processor driving a full bag of active studio-monitor-grade speakers:  Seven full-ranges for the front left/center/right, side left/right, and rear left/right; plus one subwoofer or group of subwoofers).  The Asus® XONAR® H6, developed as a companion to the Essence™ ST™ and updated for the STX II™, provides the additional analog outputs (viz., sides, rears, center and sub) for multichannel home audio.

Is the Essence H6 the same daughter board as the Xonar H6? I've tried looking everywhere for the Essence H6 but only found the Xonar ones.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #183 of 888
  Is the Essence H6 the same daughter board as the Xonar H6? I've tried looking everywhere for the Essence H6 but only found the Xonar ones.

They are one and the same.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #184 of 888
  How is the headphone amp on this card using the HD 650? Is it comparable to the Schiit Magni or the O2 in quality?

I'm trying to get a sound card that will free up my front/back output jacks for my speakers, and allow me to completely ditch my headphone amps.

You shouldn't have any problem as I use my STX (super modded) to drive my HD 650.  They play LOUD and superb.

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #187 of 888
You shouldn't have any problem as I use my STX (super modded) to drive my HD 650.  They play LOUD and superb.

How is the soundstage?

Nov 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #188 of 888
Btw, I got the 7.1 from this link:

Essence STX II 7.1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF6RO7C/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AH4Cub17ASDAT

You guys think it's legit? High ratings from vendor and it clearly says 7.1 with the pic of the daughter card. They just raised the price by $10 after I bought it.

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #189 of 888
Btw, I got the 7.1 from this link:

Essence STX II 7.1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF6RO7C/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_AH4Cub17ASDAT

You guys think it's legit? High ratings from vendor and it clearly says 7.1 with the pic of the daughter card. They just raised the price by $10 after I bought it.

how much did you pay?the price is about 200/230 euros that's ok..

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #192 of 888
Amazon UK has the 7.1 $280 shipped, I got it from the link above for $289 from a US vendor because I wasn't sure whether buying from UK would cause problems returning the card. You can get rushed shipping from amazin UK for $296 2-4 days too.

By the way, what's the consensus on a good opamp, particularly one that increase the soyndstage. And how many of them so I need?

Nov 25, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #193 of 888
Amazon UK has the 7.1 $280 shipped, I got it from the link above for $289 from a US vendor because I wasn't sure whether buying from UK would cause problems returning the card. You can get rushed shipping from amazin UK for $296 2-4 days too.

By the way, what's the consensus on a good opamp, particularly one that increase the soyndstage. And how many of them so I need?

Yes What about soundstage and color of sound?We want opinions not prices! XD

@Solarium what will you do with your stx 2?source for the magni?

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #194 of 888
I actually got the package today from Factory Depot, it was NOT the 7.1 version even though I confirmed it to be the 7.1 version by messaging them prior to buying. Anyway, moral of the story is don't buy stuff not directly from amazon. This is the link of the real 7.1 version from amazon uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JF6RO7C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

it's $280 shipped to US via 5-10 day delivery, or $295 with 2-4 shipping. Much better deal.

@donaldduck2004 I'm not going to use the magni, the whole point of buying this card is so that I don't have to use an external amp/DAC and can plug the headphone directly into the sound card.

Nov 25, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #195 of 888
  I actually got the package today from Factory Depot, it was NOT the 7.1 version even though I confirmed it to be the 7.1 version by messaging them prior to buying. Anyway, moral of the story is don't buy stuff not directly from amazon. This is the link of the real 7.1 version from amazon uk:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JF6RO7C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

it's $280 shipped to US via 5-10 day delivery, or $295 with 2-4 shipping. Much better deal.

@donaldduck2004 I'm not going to use the magni, the whole point of buying this card is so that I don't have to use an external amp/DAC and can plug the headphone directly into the sound card.

oh so you will send it back?

about magni: ok I thougth the stx 2 could be only  a source...sorry... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back