ASUS Xonar Essence STX II
Dec 26, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #706 of 888
i have sennheiser momentums, the original models. purchased them back in september 2014. i rarely used the headset through the soundcard. i always have used it for playing music through the foobar app on my phone and tv episodes i put on the phone as well. i did plug it directly into the titanium hd last night and it did sound awesome. I'd say it's definitely an upgrade if the general idea is that asus' are better for music and this is a much more recent card than the HD is as well. I've looked into the DAC stuff and am interested but i think it'll be some time before i really want to look into that stuff.

Dec 26, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #707 of 888
Well I have good news and bad news for any new users of this card.

First the good news: If you wish to fully exploit the full features of this card as a home theater user with a proper audio set up look no further than to the
Emotiva Audio A-500 BasX 5-Channel Power Amplifier. This is a true bare-bones power amplifier that will grand excellent excellent sound quality and less than 0.07 THD on the "cheap". At only $400 to $500. If you pair this sound card to this amplifier and some decent passive 5.1 speakers, then you will have amazing sound quality for the price. You would have to pay thousands of dollars in order to beat this set up with the regular receiver + speakers combo.

Now for the bad news: MAKE SURE to buy this sound card with its daughter board! Don't be a sucker like me who just bought the sound card by itself and now can't find the
ASUS Xonar H6 7.1 Channel Output anywhere in the internet. =(

Can someone please help me find this sound add on card? I am out of ideas. It seems Asus is not manufacturing this add on card at all. In fact, if you search the web for "Asus xonar Essense STX II" you will only find the stand alone sound card without its daughter board; you actually have to look really hard for a handful of sellers that offer the complete package at an inflated cost.

If worse comes to worse I might have to sell this card and replace it with something else, although at this point I am not even seeing new sounds cards coming out, the only other worthy replacement to this card are the HT Omega cards.

Edit: It seems that the only other worthy replacement for users who want a home theater system would be the HT Claro Halo XT, https://www.htomega.com/store/p8/CLARO_HALO_XT.html Not a bad price, but the BIG problem is that it only comes in an aging PCI interface... and it doesn't have any shielding... =(

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #708 of 888
Well I have good news and bad news for any new users of this card.

First the good news: If you wish to fully exploit the full features of this card as a home theater user with a proper audio set up look no further than to the
Emotiva Audio A-500 BasX 5-Channel Power Amplifier. This is a true bare-bones power amplifier that will grand excellent excellent sound quality and less than 0.07 THD on the "cheap". At only $400 to $500. If you pair this sound card to this amplifier and some decent passive 5.1 speakers, then you will have amazing sound quality for the price. You would have to pay thousands of dollars in order to beat this set up with the regular receiver + speakers combo.

Now for the bad news: MAKE SURE to buy this sound card with its daughter board! Don't be a sucker like me who just bought the sound card by itself and now can't find the
ASUS Xonar H6 7.1 Channel Output anywhere in the internet. =(

Can someone please help me find this sound add on card? I am out of ideas. It seems Asus is not manufacturing this add on card at all. In fact, if you search the web for "Asus xonar Essense STX II" you will only find the stand alone sound card without its daughter board; you actually have to look really hard for a handful of sellers that offer the complete package at an inflated cost.

If worse comes to worse I might have to sell this card and replace it with something else, although at this point I am not even seeing new sounds cards coming out, the only other worthy replacement to this card are the HT Omega cards.
Maybe someone on the thread could sell you theirs - they may not have a need for it anymore.

Dec 27, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #710 of 888
I have the stx 2 7.1 version, I don't use the daughter board as I only have 2.1 analog speaker, though I tested it to see if all channels are working by connecting the RCA from the 2.1 speaker to each port from the H6 xD

Dec 27, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #712 of 888
I am from Philippines :gs1000smile: and yes I am thinking of selling it since I don't have 7.1 setup. But I don't have any experience shipping stuff from here to the US, however I bought stuff from newegg and its being shipped here.

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #713 of 888
Hello, anyone have the OPA2111KP OP-AMP? Been running on stock op-amps for some years already and thought the muses are loud, so I decided to switch them to 2x LME49720NA in the I/V and OPA2111kp in the buffer since the LME's with muses8820 gives ear fatigue. The sound came out clean, the bass is controlled and the highs are sparkly. Using the latest Uni-Xonar driver and the most recent windows 10 build. If anyone tried these combo, let me know what's your impression :)

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #714 of 888
@FrameBit Thanks for the heads up on an alternate buffer. I've already shortlisted the Signetics® NE5534 for line-level buffer, but the Brown-Burr®/Texas Instruments® OPA2111KP should also work. I'm awaiting the report from A/B-ing the MUSES® 01 against the Burson® V5i in the I-V - both are a few steps above the National Semiconductor®/Texas Instruments® LME49720NA.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #715 of 888
I've read the burson v5i's causes trouble with the stx 2, and i don't have budget for the 2x muses01, I ordered the LME49860, nec upc4570c and philips on e-bay, I hope its not fake. Trying to pair it with my existing OPA111KP. Are there any voltage requirement when wanting to put OP-amps in each sockets? Sorry I am a noob and I just try put in any op-amp that I have.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #716 of 888
Just received my 3x Philips NE5532AN today and all I can say is that everything feels light, all balanced, I hear everything, the highs are not piercing, mids are present and the bass is very good!. everything sounds flat but not boring with a wide soundstage :)

Jan 10, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #717 of 888
I guys. I'm currently about to buy a new PC, and I would like this sound card installed.
However this card is old. The last driver update was in 2015. I'm wondering how the card holds up today in a PC built in 2018, with the latest version of Windows 10 64bit.
Are there any faults or glitches or incompatibilities I should know about?
I plan on putting it into a HP Envy 795-020 Desktop PC

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #718 of 888
I guys. I'm currently about to buy a new PC, and I would like this sound card installed.
However this card is old. The last driver update was in 2015. I'm wondering how the card holds up today in a PC built in 2018, with the latest version of Windows 10 64bit.
Are there any faults or glitches or incompatibilities I should know about?
I plan on putting it into a HP Envy 795-020 Desktop PC
These are the drivers I use with Asus Xonar sound cards.
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Jan 11, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #719 of 888
These are the drivers I use with Asus Xonar sound cards.
http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

Everybody can try the Uni Drivers. I personally was not happy with them. They create problems instead of solving them. (I lost the ability to connect 16- 32 ohms IEM properly, for example.)

Known issues:

• 1825 audio drivers have an issue when the audio card is uninstalled, disabled or the drivers are overwritten, resulting in a system crash. In order to avoid the uninstall system crash I’ve come up with a workaround that’s presented below
  • Asus Audio Center: GX button is no longer showing. It has to do with 1825 audio drivers and there may be a reason why C-Media removed it. I’m not sure if it’s worth it to bring the GX on/off control back.
  • STX II: Asus Audio Center is missing the gain 16/32 ohms for headset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back