Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread
Sep 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #185 of 196
to me its in hibernation mode until someone post some screaming quotes about right earpiece sound cut,cable went bad,channel imbalance blah blah...:wink:

Well, mine have actually developed channel imbalance but I think it's because I monkeyed around with them. I did the tape mod on both sides and also pulled off the grills and noticed one had a tiny plastic tube (assuming to direct sound) and the other didn't, so I got out some tweezers and removed it. At first it sounded fine but after a month or so has developed channel imbalance. Need to try removing tape. If that doesn't solve the problem, I need to reopen them and see what's going on. Might need to use microscope with lights at work to really see, though...

If I were thinking of buying them today, I'd be pretty tempted to go for DGS100 instead.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #186 of 196
Well, mine have actually developed channel imbalance but I think it's because I monkeyed around with them. I did the tape mod on both sides and also pulled off the grills and noticed one had a tiny plastic tube (assuming to direct sound) and the other didn't, so I got out some tweezers and removed it. At first it sounded fine but after a month or so has developed channel imbalance. Need to try removing tape. If that doesn't solve the problem, I need to reopen them and see what's going on. Might need to use microscope with lights at work to really see, though...

If I were thinking of buying them today, I'd be pretty tempted to go for DGS100 instead.

Yeah, It tempted me too coz of its tons of accessories and dual hybrid.....but my hands are tied and my itchy wallet is in diet mode too, for vsd5.......but still eyeing and waiting for some impressions meantime tho. :wink:

Mar 3, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #188 of 196
Can anyone compare these to the JVC FXT90? I have been looking at these but with something like the Astrotec's I seem to have a good fit with this style. They both seem to have a v-shape sound signature.  

Thanks for your help! 

Apr 7, 2015 at 5:51 AM Post #190 of 196
  So the AX35 is on Massdrop for $54 is it really worth it.

That's a great price for the AX35 --- you can probably get something better if you pay a little more, or get something slightly lesser for less, but it honestly all depends on whether or not you think the sound signature will jive with you. If you think it will, it'll absolutely be worth it. If your tastes err on the heavier side, you should probably avoid it. If you want a balanced, all-rounder, the AX35 is still great, with superlative build quality for the price. Don't get overly caught up in the never-ending new product treadmill.

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #191 of 196

That's a great price for the AX35 --- you can probably get something better if you pay a little more, or get something slightly lesser for less, but it honestly all depends on whether or not you think the sound signature will jive with you. If you think it will, it'll absolutely be worth it. If your tastes err on the heavier side, you should probably avoid it. If you want a balanced, all-rounder, the AX35 is still great, with superlative build quality for the price. Don't get overly caught up in the never-ending new product treadmill.

Thanks how is the cable it looks really stiff, I do prefer a sound signature that is on the neutral side with a little bit more low end.

May 12, 2015 at 3:00 AM Post #195 of 196

Bumped 
smile.gif

Worst $60 ever spent (AX30) .. it sounds terrible and does not sound musical at all, no bass (subjective) even though they say that it is the bass version compared to the AX35..

My 2yr old XBA3s blows this out of the water! I don';t think I can even give it away to my friends cause no one'd use it..

i have AX35, it is not  terrible  as your said,   it is true  bad for rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back