Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread
Jul 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #166 of 196
Cool. I found them to be a bit too bright, found reference to Rin's suggested mods, and gave them a try. I was happy with the results. The only mod he suggested I haven't tried yet was adding a knowles damper. I bought some but can't figure out how to affix the darn thing inside the nozzle. Luckily, I needed some for my FA DBA-02 anyway :).

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #169 of 196
Hehe, reminds me, I should just swap them into a mint tin. Or maybe buy a cheap pelican case for my Aiwa shellz and swap these into an IEM claim shell.

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #170 of 196
So, what do you think compared to your DN1K? I have both but haven't A/B-ed them. I find the AX35 are much more comfortable and intimate. Not really sure which I prefer - especially with the mods. I just shelled-out for the T-PEOS Altone 200 pre-order. They're supposed to be similar to T-PEOS H300 but without treble spike. Should be interesting comparison with these two hybrids :).

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #172 of 196
Sorry, meant to reply but got distracted with the holiday.  I agree that the AX35 is more comfortable to me than the DN-K.  As far as sound, the bass on the DN-K allows it to be a more versatile IEM, being capable of reaching enough bass for some of the softer EDM, but the AX35 is still up to the task for most rock.  Which reminds me, I wish I had spent some time playing around with the spacers Dunu included, but swapping tips every time I want to change genres would get on my nerves.

For the 40 I paid for the AX35, if I had bought it first, I'm not sure if I would have gotten the DN-K, but they both are quite enjoyable.  I mainly picked it up to see what a lower end hybrid sounded like, and was hoping for a versatile beater pair, which I am more than happy about getting.  I should be getting a Beyerdynamic A200P in this week, so that along with this and my phone will make for a very nice portable setup to always have on hand, assuming I like the sound of the A200P that is.  It even sounds good out of something as simple as a rockbox clip+, which I shouldn't be surprised by, but those two together make for an amazing setup for under $100.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #173 of 196
Hey guys,
Just wondering, where did you order your AX-30/35s?
Did some research on Aliexpress and they don't seem very favourable.. Other than that, there's an Australian site that sells them for $99/$109..

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #174 of 196
Hey guys,
Did some research on Aliexpress and they don't seem very favourable.. Other than that, there's an Australian site that sells them for $99/$109..

Check penonaudio.com or mp4nation.net. Both are well-known and popular sellers.

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM Post #175 of 196
Hey guys,

Hi -Jackson,

New here myself and terribly interested in getting a pair of AX-35s. I'd recommend MP4nation as well since I have experienced prompt delivery from them before and I live in Brisbane (within 4 days) - one day for shipping out of Hong Kong, it usually takes a full day to clear customs in Sydney and unless you live in or near Sydney, another day to be transported and sorted in whichever state you live in and (usually unless they have large volume of deliveries) a day to reach their local depot to your house.

Not too sure about Aliexpress myself but they seem to have the most competitive price, but having never done business with them before, I'm a bit hesitant as well. Anyone with positive feedback on these guys?

MP4nation on the other hand is selling them at 69.90$. Since I have points from buying with them before it costs a bit cheaper for me but still an annoying 10 bucks more than Aliexpress. I'm shamelessly sending them a query asking if they'd be willing to lower it to match their competitors. 
tongue.gif
 Even a 5 dollar discount will be welcome since MP4nation does actually have a shorter delivery time compared to Aliexpress. I really don't mind paying the extra 10$ but hey, every dollar counts. Here's to hoping for a favourable reply.

Jul 11, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #176 of 196
Check penonaudio.com or mp4nation.net. Both are well-known and popular sellers.

Hi -Jackson,

New here myself and terribly interested in getting a pair of AX-35s. I'd recommend MP4nation as well since I have experienced prompt delivery from them before and I live in Brisbane (within 4 days) - one day for shipping out of Hong Kong, it usually takes a full day to clear customs in Sydney and unless you live in or near Sydney, another day to be transported and sorted in whichever state you live in and (usually unless they have large volume of deliveries) a day to reach their local depot to your house.

Not too sure about Aliexpress myself but they seem to have the most competitive price, but having never done business with them before, I'm a bit hesitant as well. Anyone with positive feedback on these guys?

MP4nation on the other hand is selling them at 69.90$. Since I have points from buying with them before it costs a bit cheaper for me but still an annoying 10 bucks more than Aliexpress. I'm shamelessly sending them a query asking if they'd be willing to lower it to match their competitors. 
tongue.gif
 Even a 5 dollar discount will be welcome since MP4nation does actually have a shorter delivery time compared to Aliexpress. I really don't mind paying the extra 10$ but hey, every dollar counts. Here's to hoping for a favourable reply.

Thanks guys =)

I'll probably be ordering from mp4nation when I get back to Australia this weekend; ~$74 is a lot more attractive than $109 :p
Let us know if you get a favourable reply cjs001, maybe I/we can shamelessly get a little discount too 
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #177 of 196
  Thanks guys =)

I'll probably be ordering from mp4nation when I get back to Australia this weekend; ~$74 is a lot more attractive than $109 :p
Let us know if you get a favourable reply cjs001, maybe I/we can shamelessly get a little discount too 
wink.gif

Apparently you can get a 5% discount from their facebook page under "Fan Coupon Offer" tab. And that's about all they're willing to offer heh. That brings my price down to just about 62.75AUD or 59.02USD. 70AUD without point discount. Not too shabby I guess. But Aliexpress still looks very tempting at 55 AUD if you don't mind the wait and brave enough to try out a new site. I just don't know how well they deliver to Australia.

On the other hand, if you're willing to wait for a festive holiday, MP4nation usually offers holiday discount coupon on their facebook page of up to 10%. I might just well wait and see if there's any more interesting Headphones coming out since I don't really need one at the moment.

Holy Hell... Noisy Motel is asking for 109AUD. I really shouldn't be surprised though. The Australian Market really need to take a good look at itself and see why it's not competitive at all. 35AUD price difference is a joke when I can get it shipped in all the way from Hong Kong. Either way, I've also shamelessly sent them a ticket and asking them if they might reconsider. I would much rather buy from a local store after all, but 35AUD difference is just way too much. I can probably get another spare set of SoundMagic from MP4nation :p

Aug 24, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #179 of 196
Hi guys. Any impressions about how these make a pair with colorfly c3? I like the analytical sound that colorfly delivers, and I'm interested if the ax30 or, ax35 would sound nice with it. I listen to the wide range of styles, so I would prefer something well balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back