Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #121 of 196
  Hi, I am really looking into buying these and I have some questions, - how are they with electronic music and vocals (Vocal Trance) ? , and if anyone can compare these to vsonic VSD1 what would be the similarities or differences ? Thanks 

Not bad, but also not exactly the best.

I would recommend the Brainwavz S1 or the Nuforce NE 700M for Trance and EDM more than these

The more neutral oriented nature of the AX30's makes EDM a little thin

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #122 of 196
  Not bad, but also not exactly the best.

I would recommend the Brainwavz S1 or the Nuforce NE 700M for Trance and EDM more than these

The more neutral oriented nature of the AX30's makes EDM a little thin

Thanks for the fast reply , I am looking for an IEM with nice and clear vocals yet can do Trance, I will look into your suggestions, many thanks.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #123 of 196
All AX35 owners should try the mods suggested by Rin. It will make the bass have more body and the slight sibilance will be gone. Pretty game changing and makes them one of the best IEMs you can get for their price

Apr 26, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #124 of 196
All AX35 owners should try the mods suggested by Rin. It will make the bass have more body and the slight sibilance will be gone. Pretty game changing and makes them one of the best IEMs you can get for their price

When Rin says equip a 100 Ohm resistor on the AX35, what does that actually mean?

And then he mentions a 680 Ohm white damper (for inside the nozzle). Not sure what this means too.
Is it just a damper with a different density?

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #125 of 196
The knowles damper can be bought on Mouser, search on the SE535 filter thread for more info.

The resistor can be bought on eBay, just search ER4 adapter, it's about 18$.

For the vent mods pinhole means cover the vent with tape and make a tiny one with a needle.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #126 of 196

Very interesting!

I've been using my AX35 with an 50 ohm adapter and sony hybrids for a while now and it made them a lot more enjoyable.

After seeing your post and reading Rin's review I taped all the portrs and punched a smaller one in the rear as described and yes it really takes them to a new level.

I wonder what different it makes using 50 ohm resistor instead of 100 ohm.....

I'm gonna order a 100 ohm one as well since I've enjoyed playing around with the 50 ohm one that I got already.

Apr 27, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #127 of 196

The knowles damper can be bought on Mouser, search on the SE535 filter thread for more info.

The resistor can be bought on eBay, just search ER4 adapter, it's about 18$.

For the vent mods pinhole means cover the vent with tape and make a tiny one with a needle.

Ok. So far, I've started using Comply tips and taped over the ports but didn't poke holes in them.

I just ordered a 100 Ohm adapter from eBay and the Knowles dampers from Amazon. I'm unclear on how to extract the existing dampers and install the new ones. Any help with this step in particular would be appreciated!

May 1, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #128 of 196
I've got a pair of AX-35's coming my way soon and I've got a couple questions since I haven't delved into IEM's yet (I'm more well versed with regular headphones). For information I'll be paring them with my Galaxy S4 and a Fiio E11 amp.

Which comply tips should I get? There seems to be a bewildering array and the comply website doesn't officially support the ax35. I'm not exactly sure what all the different model numbers mean.

Would the 100ohm adapter be my best bet opposed to 75ohm?

I've found the Knowles filter but I'm not sure I'll bother with that yet until I get a grasp on how these IEM's pair with my ears.

May 1, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #129 of 196
Which comply tips should I get? There seems to be a bewildering array and the comply website doesn't officially support the ax35. I'm not exactly sure what all the different model numbers mean.

There's a pair of imitation Comply foams that come with the AX-35, but if you need replacements, the T-500 should fit fine.

May 1, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #130 of 196

There's a pair of imitation Comply foams that come with the AX-35, but if you need replacements, the T-500 should fit fine.

Exactly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back