Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #436 of 457
It sounds great with my Samsung S8+ and 64 Audio A6's. I'm using this all the time. Going to be getting rid of my Mojo and Black Label iDSD, too. Just no need to carry bulk when I have such a great BT option.

Wow. That's some serious recommendation. I have a mojo and idsd nano but use them for fixed setup use. Went for a long walk yesterday with the XB10+LZA4's fed by my Note 8 using Tidal only as source. It was brilliant. No problems and sounded sublime :)

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #437 of 457
I got one from the Massdrop for $80. Using it with Pixel 2 and iBasso IT01. Sounds pretty nice. I usually hate bluetooth sound, but this at least doesn't have any compression artifacts that I can hear. I was listening to some flute and recorder sonatas today which have a lot of high frequency modulation that can really sound nasty with Mp3 or Bluetooth connections. With the XB10 it sounded pretty clean, very clear and airy. I'm very happy with it. I haven't listened to much with my phone before, I do my serious everyday listening with an iBasso DX200/Amp5 and various phones. While this is not in the same league, it really doesn't offend at all and is a great solution for my phone.

I am getting better battery life than stated, I ran it for about 4 hours the other day and it was at 60%. But the IT01 are super efficient phones.

One question, the manual states that one of the buttons turns "DCT" on and off. What is DCT?

Mar 28, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #438 of 457
One question, the manual states that one of the buttons turns "DCT" on and off. What is DCT?

Some Distinctive Clear Technology that claims to remove digital noise and improve clarity. I can't say I hear any difference though.

Mar 30, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #439 of 457
Picked up one of these for the current asking price (100ish USD more or less) and I’m quite impressed with this little gem.

Paired with SP1000Cu over Bt AptX HD it is quite splendid, didn’t think for 100$ you can have this level of staging, details and well the bass is just majestic.. and we’re talking Bluetooth here! It drives my U18t with ease, 2.5 balanced.

When I go minimalistic with the iPhone I still quite like what I hear, yes there is a serious degradation of everything, but that’s Apple’s fault.

Only negative I can say is battery life, but for the size and weight (what weight?!:)) it is still quite acceptable.

Great job A&K, looking forward to Mk2!!

Apr 18, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #441 of 457
Well I've got a lot of time on the XB10 with a few headphones and I really like the pairing of it with the iBasso IT01. The battery life is better because they are very efficient, and the plentiful deep warmer bass of the phones complements the clean and slightly lean output of the XB10. Plus the IT01s present amazing detail and treble which the XB10 is great with. It's an amazing combo for about $200, I don't know where you would get better sound :)

Jul 18, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #442 of 457
if you are in Hong Kong and want a bargain, you can get brand new XB10 from the official recommended retailer from A&K distributor for bargain price of HK$499 (US$63) with receipt and warranty

Super AV King
Address:8th Floor, Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong 8th Floor, Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street,Mong Kok, Kowloon.

you can google their number or pm for their whatsapp but i don't work for them, purchased 3 of them for my friends and brother

Jul 18, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #443 of 457
the king is dead, long live the king!
new products have come out snd dethroned the xb10. one to check out is the radsone earstudio that supports ldac and can be had for around the same price at its release($99).
has dual dac, bal output and seems to be more powerful than the xb10, not to mention the excellent support from the brand

Jul 31, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #444 of 457
if you are in Hong Kong and want a bargain, you can get brand new XB10 from the official recommended retailer from A&K distributor for bargain price of HK$499 (US$63) with receipt and warranty

Super AV King
Address:8th Floor, Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong 8th Floor, Yau Shing Commercial Centre, 51 Sai Yeung Choi Street,Mong Kok, Kowloon.

you can google their number or pm for their whatsapp but i don't work for them, purchased 3 of them for my friends and brother

considering super av king accepts paypal, it's possible they may mail order overseas, best to contact them via email and ask

http://www.superking.com.hk/index2011.php

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #449 of 457
Hi all just a quick question. I recently got an open box xb10 and the 3.5mm jack keeps popping out slightly when I turn the device, and it cuts the audio out completely. Is this a common issue? And are there ways that I can fix it. Also does it apply to the 2.5mm jack? I dont have a 2.5mm cable to test it out yet. Thanks

Jul 12, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #450 of 457
Hi all just a quick question. I recently got an open box xb10 and the 3.5mm jack keeps popping out slightly when I turn the device, and it cuts the audio out completely. Is this a common issue? And are there ways that I can fix it. Also does it apply to the 2.5mm jack? I dont have a 2.5mm cable to test it out yet. Thanks
Get an adapter I recall very old iPhone has a similar issues
But I never experienced this problem though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back