Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jul 23, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #2,026 of 2,746
If you have a version of Apple Music already installed, uninstall that version first and try installing your new version again. This happened to me with a couple Spotify installs.
Nope, I've deleted Apple Music, and still get the same "Parse error".

More layers of the onion, more tears...

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:50 AM Post #2,027 of 2,746
Hmm, well that's a mini-crisis averted. Not sure why the Open Service install was failing but thanks for all the kind suggestions of help.

Also adding to misery’s advice, Apple Music 3.6. apkpure version is out. That might help
Yes, thanks for that! It wasn't there earlier today, but it is now, and installs fine with XAPK Installer. Really appreciate it! Now I'll feel bad when Australia beats Spain in the Group stage in Japan this weekend XD

So the final result defo makes me Smile:
unnamed-3.jpg

And I'm sure I'm not the first to notice just how well Campfire IEMs work with A&K DAPs, but this is a paring that draws you in and never lets go.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #2,028 of 2,746
Hmm, well that's a mini-crisis averted. Not sure why the Open Service install was failing but thanks for all the kind suggestions of help.

Yes, thanks for that! It wasn't there earlier today, but it is now, and installs fine with XAPK Installer. Really appreciate it! Now I'll feel bad when Australia beats Spain in the Group stage in Japan this weekend XD

And I'm sure I'm not the first to notice just how well Campfire IEMs work with A&K DAPs, but this is a paring that draws you in and never lets go.
Glad you can dig Apple Music hires now! I will probably celebrate Spain’s victory over Australia with some Apple Music hires in the Sr25 and with the Etymotic ER-4XR, also an excellent pair.

FAF52080-186B-45F1-A507-10D613FCF21D.jpeg

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #2,029 of 2,746
PXL_20210723_163254784~2.jpg

I'm thoroughly impressed with how the SR25 can take this $10 pair of earbuds and make them sound world-class in terms of staging. Bought those FAAEAL Snow Lotus 1.0 on Amazon because I was impatiently waiting for some other earbuds to arrive from China, but man if these aren't stealing the show from a lot of other sets right now. Positively chewed through a DSD64 copy of 3 Doors Down's Away From the Sun.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #2,030 of 2,746
Well I'll be...

PXL_20210723_2022408962.jpg

That's not too bad. Granted, the HD6XX definitely need the SR25's balanced out to get there, but this is pretty enjoyable. Still a couple moments peeking through where you can tell the 6XX is being underpowered, but those are extremes and it's an admirable showing for a DAP.

I might genuinely get to start using my 6XX again.

Jul 25, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #2,031 of 2,746

unnamed-3.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on Apple Music App. Works well. There is a toggle in settings for audio quality in case anyone has missed that.

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,032 of 2,746
Help please! I understand that by default the files downloaded from streaming services, Apple music and Amazon HD, are recorded in the internal disk. Right? In the settings I see two options: default folder and selected folder. How does this work? How can I set the player to download the files in the sdcard?

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #2,033 of 2,746
Help please! I understand that by default the files downloaded from streaming services, Apple music and Amazon HD, are recorded in the internal disk. Right? In the settings I see two options: default folder and selected folder. How does this work? How can I set the player to download the files in the sdcard?
That’s just for the device folderFor Apple Music, the settings in the app give you the choice of device storage or sd card. Under the library tab there are three dots in top right hand corner, from there you can go into settings. Amazon music app - gear wheel icon will take you to settings, then under storage location you can choose sd card. Hope that helps.

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #2,034 of 2,746
That’s just for the device folderFor Apple Music, the settings in the app give you the choice of device storage or sd card. Under the library tab there are three dots in top right hand corner, from there you can go into settings. Amazon music app - gear wheel icon will take you to settings, then under storage location you can choose sd card. Hope that helps.
Many thanks! Works as you explained. Now i can fill my sd card with some playlists for offline use

Jul 27, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #2,036 of 2,746
I recently moved and in my current situation I find myself using the DAP in Wi-Fi streaming mode. Others have reported problem with Wi-Fi before but my case seems to be different. The signal strength is very strong and I have no problem with the connection unless...the DAP turns the screen off at which point the Wi-Fi is disconnected. As soon as I wake the DAP the Wi-Fi reconnects at full strength again. Anyone seen this issue? If so, can it be fixed somehow? My workaround is to download an album to the DAP before I listen to it and then delete when I'm done but this is inconvenient when I'm just browsing Tidal or Qobuz.

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #2,037 of 2,746
Been a while since I checked in. Really been enjoying going through my Hi-Res library with these little guys:

IMG_20210731_110730.jpg

I swear I'm not a cable snob, but it's crazy that the SR25 is detailed enough that each one gives you a slightly different experience with those Smabat M2s Pro. That silver cable is a particular treat on the SR25. Super-spacious, headphone-like staging and a decent amount of sub-bass to boot (though nothing like IEM sub-bass).

Works for pirate metal, at least. Fwiw, I wouldn't bother with Alestorm's studio albums. Just this live albums is all you'll need if you're interested in the genre. Interested parties may ask about ninja metal and dinosaur metal as well (yes, it's apparently a thing).

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 2:36 PM Post #2,038 of 2,746
Hey misery, I didn’t even know there was such a thing as, Pirate Metal. I’m lmao that I don’t know there were so many different genres. Is there an aviation metal? And, since you offered, tell me more about dinosaur metal, please!

Jul 31, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #2,039 of 2,746
Hey misery, I didn’t even know there was such a thing as, Pirate Metal. I’m lmao that I don’t know there were so many different genres. Is there an aviation metal? And, since you offered, tell me more about dinosaur metal, please!
Oh that would be these fine gentlemen. Not the best-produced stuff on the planet, but it's fun and safe enough to play around the kids :)

I'll have to get back to you on aviation metal, but you and I both know that it has to include at least one variation of the Top Gun theme to be considered valid.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:11 PM Post #2,040 of 2,746
I recently moved and in my current situation I find myself using the DAP in Wi-Fi streaming mode. Others have reported problem with Wi-Fi before but my case seems to be different. The signal strength is very strong and I have no problem with the connection unless...the DAP turns the screen off at which point the Wi-Fi is disconnected. As soon as I wake the DAP the Wi-Fi reconnects at full strength again. Anyone seen this issue? If so, can it be fixed somehow? My workaround is to download an album to the DAP before I listen to it and then delete when I'm done but this is inconvenient when I'm just browsing Tidal or Qobuz.
I also have no issues with the wifi and spotify, but internet is generally strong in korea, so may be different for others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back