Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Aug 3, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #2,041 of 2,746
Hi all - I just got an SR25 today, and am running into issues installing Spotify. I found the APK on APKPure but somehow the SR25 doesn’t recognize it? It just doesn’t show up under services at all. I had no issues installing Audible or Qobuz.

Anyone else having this issue? Any tips to fix this?

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #2,042 of 2,746
Hi all - I just got an SR25 today, and am running into issues installing Spotify. I found the APK on APKPure but somehow the SR25 doesn’t recognize it? It just doesn’t show up under services at all. I had no issues installing Audible or Qobuz.

Anyone else having this issue? Any tips to fix this?
Did you download an APK or XAPK? If it's XAPK, you'll also need an app called XAPK Installer (available on the same site). Once you install and open XAPK Installer, you should be able to see and install Spotify.

To confirm: is everything going into the OpenService folder?

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #2,043 of 2,746
Did you download an APK or XAPK? If it's XAPK, you'll also need an app called XAPK Installer (available on the same site). Once you install and open XAPK Installer, you should be able to see and install Spotify.

To confirm: is everything going into the OpenService folder?
Thank you! Yes - all going into the OpenService folder, and it’s APK.

Though I’m stupid, as I just realized the version I had was for AndroidTV apparently - this one: https://m.apkpure.com/spotify-music-and-podcasts/com.spotify.tv.android

But the other page (which I assume is the right version) doesn’t have an option to download the APK: https://m.apkpure.com/spotify-music-i/com.spotify.music

Any idea where else I could get it?

Thanks again for your help!

Aug 3, 2021 at 6:43 PM Post #2,044 of 2,746
Thank you! Yes - all going into the OpenService folder, and it’s APK.

Though I’m stupid, as I just realized the version I had was for AndroidTV apparently - this one: https://m.apkpure.com/spotify-music-and-podcasts/com.spotify.tv.android

But the other page (which I assume is the right version) doesn’t have an option to download the APK: https://m.apkpure.com/spotify-music-i/com.spotify.music

Any idea where else I could get it?

Thanks again for your help!
Yep!

www.apkcombo.com

Bitdefender hates that site, fwiw, but it may have nothing to do with the APKs being hosted. Multiple folks here have confirmed the Spotify packages are good, though.

Aug 3, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #2,045 of 2,746
Aug 3, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #2,046 of 2,746
Just opened up a package that arrived today. In it is the Drop Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones. I'm listening to my SR25, via 2.5mm balanced cable, to some tunes by, The War On Drugs. The SR25 seems to have no problems driving these headphones, and they sound awesome! I'm stunned, expletives abound!
Thanks, misery, for steering me towards these headphones. Still planning on acquiring a Schiit Vali 2 and one of the recommended tubes. This ride into the rabbit hole has me smiling from ear to ear!

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #2,047 of 2,746
Just opened up a package that arrived today. In it is the Drop Sennheiser HD 6XX headphones. I'm listening to my SR25, via 2.5mm balanced cable, to some tunes by, The War On Drugs. The SR25 seems to have no problems driving these headphones, and they sound awesome! I'm stunned, expletives abound!
Thanks, misery, for steering me towards these headphones. Still planning on acquiring a Schiit Vali 2 and one of the recommended tubes. This ride into the rabbit hole has me smiling from ear to ear!
Fantastic band for those cans, too! Which album? Lost in the Dream was fantastic.

Glad you're enjoying them. Can't wait to see where things go from here.

Aug 3, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #2,048 of 2,746
Fantastic band for those cans, too! Which album? Lost in the Dream was fantastic.

Glad you're enjoying them. Can't wait to see where things go from here.
A Deeper Understanding, as I've listened to LITD so much already(felt I needed to give it a rest so I don't get sick of it)! TWOD's are a band I hadn't been introduced to until this past spring. Unbelievable talent there! Bought six of their albums. Planning on buying tickets for their Feb '22 appearance in Seattle.

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #2,049 of 2,746
Good to hear that these can drive the 6xx. May have to get myself a pair again 🙂

Aug 3, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #2,050 of 2,746
A Deeper Understanding, as I've listened to LITD so much already(felt I needed to give it a rest so I don't get sick of it)! TWOD's are a band I hadn't been introduced to until this past spring. Unbelievable talent there! Bought six of their albums. Planning on buying tickets for their Feb '22 appearance in Seattle.
Where are they playing? Showbox?

Aug 3, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #2,051 of 2,746
Their "Live Drugs" album is probably my favourite.

Aug 4, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #2,052 of 2,746
Hi all -

I've been experiencing (more) issues with the SR25 - specifically with playing offline from Qobuz. The app allows me to download albums, they take space on the SD card, but when I turn off Wifi I suddenly lose the ability to play the offline content altogether. I can see it in my imported library, but when playing it just says I don't have an internet connection. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure what else I could try.

What I did try (without success): Installing the latest version of Qobuz, tried installing an earlier version of it, tried changing the download location to the internal storage instead of the SD card, logged out and back in, re-started the SR25.

Was hoping to download Neko Case's "Hell-On" and go for a walk earlier today, but had to very sadly abandon those plans :unamused:.

Aug 4, 2021 at 1:49 AM Post #2,054 of 2,746
Hi all -

I've been experiencing (more) issues with the SR25 - specifically with playing offline from Qobuz. The app allows me to download albums, they take space on the SD card, but when I turn off Wifi I suddenly lose the ability to play the offline content altogether. I can see it in my imported library, but when playing it just says I don't have an internet connection. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure what else I could try.

What I did try (without success): Installing the latest version of Qobuz, tried installing an earlier version of it, tried changing the download location to the internal storage instead of the SD card, logged out and back in, re-started the SR25.

Was hoping to download Neko Case's "Hell-On" and go for a walk earlier today, but had to very sadly abandon those plans :unamused:.
I had the same issue with the current version of qobuz. Downgraded to ver 5.1.7 all good

Aug 4, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #2,055 of 2,746
A new oddity. I powered up the unit. Went to the embedded Tidal app. Chose an album and pushed play. The music came out at least half speed. I tried another track on the same album and got the same result. Powered off and back on and problem solved. Battery level was 86%. This was the second time this has happened. Anyone else experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back