Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jul 21, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #2,012 of 2,746
Apple Music, latest official version 3.6 has come out. No Beta anymore. You can find it in apkmirror. I have just installed it in my SR25 and it seems to be working perfectly in hires. I am right now listening to 24/192 and no bugs.
How long does it usually take for the apk version to show up on the, apkpure.com site? I'm not able to install this on my SR25(or at least not knowledgeable enough) due to being mac only.

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #2,013 of 2,746
How long does it usually take for the apk version to show up on the, apkpure.com site? I'm not able to install this on my SR25(or at least not knowledgeable enough) due to being mac only.
It is not in the Google Play Store yet on my Android phone, at least not in the US. Usually the day after it appears in the Google Play Store, it is on APKPure.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jul 21, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #2,014 of 2,746
If you do not want to wait until you have an apkpure version, you can go to https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-3-6-0-release/
choose the version that says apk, (not the bundle), copy it into the Open service folder of the SR25, and install it with the xapk installer. I did not have to do anything special with this, unlike the Apple Music Beta that was complicated…

Jul 21, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #2,015 of 2,746
If you do not want to wait until you have an apkpure version, you can go to https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple-inc/apple-music/apple-music-3-6-0-release/
choose the version that says apk, (not the bundle), copy it into the Open service folder of the SR25, and install it with the xapk installer. I did not have to do anything special with this, unlike the Apple Music Beta that was complicated…
+1 for APKMirror version installed and working with no issues...

Jul 21, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #2,016 of 2,746
Thanks for the tips, Luis! I now have AM 3.6 up and running and it sounds great! Between Amazon MusicHD, and Apple Music 3.6 and my personal ripped library, I couldn't ask for more. Wouldn't you know, the first album I listen to on AM hasn't been released in lossless version yet, still AAC lossy, but it still sounded great! Just goes to show how good AAC really is (at least to my ears).

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #2,017 of 2,746
Very surprised with the low/weak playback volume when the SR25 is paired with my Amazon Echo. Had to crank the DAP's volume to just about 100% (130ish) to get any sound with body. Honestly, my moto z3 works better. Wondering if I'm missing a Playback or Bluetooth setting on the device? Thanks. Charlie

Jul 22, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #2,018 of 2,746
Very surprised with the low/weak playback volume when the SR25 is paired with my Amazon Echo. Had to crank the DAP's volume to just about 100% (130ish) to get any sound with body. Honestly, my moto z3 works better. Wondering if I'm missing a Playback or Bluetooth setting on the device? Thanks. Charlie
Does the Echo have it's own volume control? as the general solution is to max the volume on the BT device and control from the SR25 or vice versa and control the volume from the speaker, headphones etc.

My Sony WM1A has an "Enhanced Mode" in the Bluetooth settings to overcome such issue, which unifies both devices volume control. Something A&K should consider adding to to it's players.

Q-6

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #2,019 of 2,746
No luck installing AM 3.6 on my SR25. I have tried both of the following versions:

com.apple.android.music_3.6.0-1118_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

com.apple.android.music_3.6.0-1117_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

I have copied either of the .apk files to the OpenService Folder
I have then opened XAPK Installer on the SR25.
I have tapped "Install" on the relevant AM3.6 apk
I get a message "Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. It does not require any special access."
I tap "Install"
"Installing" progress bar gets to about 80% and stops
I get a message "App not installed."

Where did I go wrong?

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #2,020 of 2,746
No luck installing AM 3.6 on my SR25. I have tried both of the following versions:

com.apple.android.music_3.6.0-1118_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

com.apple.android.music_3.6.0-1117_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

I have copied either of the .apk files to the OpenService Folder
I have then opened XAPK Installer on the SR25.
I have tapped "Install" on the relevant AM3.6 apk
I get a message "Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost. It does not require any special access."
I tap "Install"
"Installing" progress bar gets to about 80% and stops
I get a message "App not installed."

Where did I go wrong?

You don't need the XAPK installer for a normal apk file. Try a normal install and see if that works. Just a suggestion.

Jul 22, 2021 at 9:29 PM Post #2,021 of 2,746
You don't need the XAPK installer for a normal apk file. Try a normal install and see if that works. Just a suggestion.
How do you mean "normal install" ? I've only ever used XAPK Installer to install stuff on the SR25, didn't think there was any other way...

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:50 AM Post #2,023 of 2,746
Right, so if I read that correctly, I should scroll to the bottom of the "Services" menu, to find "Open Service List".

There I see "Apple Music Version 3.6.0" with a little "download" icon next to it.
I press that, and I get a menu warning me that this app is unknown blah blah blah
I click "Install"
I get an error "Parse error. There was an error parsing the package."
Drops me back on the "Services" menu, no Apple Music 3.6.0 installed

What am I doing wrong.

btw, I always know Android was like an onion: the more layers you peel back the more it makes you cry.

Jul 23, 2021 at 12:52 AM Post #2,024 of 2,746
Right, so if I read that correctly, I should scroll to the bottom of the "Services" menu, to find "Open Service List".

There I see "Apple Music Version 3.6.0" with a little "download" icon next to it.
I press that, and I get a menu warning me that this app is unknown blah blah blah
I click "Install"

What am I doing wrong.

btw, I always know Android was like an onion: the more layers you peel back the more it makes you cry.
If you have a version of Apple Music already installed, uninstall that version first and try installing your new version again. This happened to me with a couple Spotify installs.

Jul 23, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #2,025 of 2,746

I click "Install"

What am I doing wrong.

Also adding to misery’s advice, Apple Music 3.6. apkpure version is out. That might help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back