Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jun 27, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #436 of 2,746
In the akpure page is says to download to my computer and then connect the player to computer to drag it over. I'm not a top notch computer guy as you can all tell. Just trying to get this to do the side load deal so that I can save music on player from Tidal. I'll try again on the player and see if that works. thanks.

On player and in ak connect. it doesn't show any folders in Open Service. On the AKPure site is says I have to download the open app folder and drag to the SR25.

Maybe someone who runs Mac can help me. This just gets frustrating. Wish there was a simple way to just plug and play and get things to work without having to be so computer literate. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #437 of 2,746
In the akpure page is says to download to my computer and then connect the player to computer to drag it over. I'm not a top notch computer guy as you can all tell. Just trying to get this to do the side load deal so that I can save music on player from Tidal. I'll try again on the player and see if that works. thanks.

On player and in ak connect. it doesn't show any folders in Open Service. On the AKPure site is says I have to download the open app folder and drag to the SR25.

Maybe someone who runs Mac can help me. This just gets frustrating. Wish there was a simple way to just plug and play and get things to work without having to be so computer literate. Thanks guys.
This is weird. Maybe it doesn't work via Blutooth and you need to connect via USB cable? On the link I posted, AK seems to be using Mac OS, so the folder name should be the same. Try connecting your SR25 to your MacBook by cable. The name "SR25" should appear in your finder and you should be able to access the folder "Open Service" when clicking on "SR25".
And there shouldn't be anye folders in Open Service. Just drag & drop you apk files there and then safely disconnect (eject) your SR25. The Tidal app should now be on your SR25. You will find it in "Service" and there you can install it.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #438 of 2,746

I have got the same problem at the beginning till I found out from the AK website that after drag and drop you have to disconnect first, then go to service and install the app.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #439 of 2,746
I'm plugging it into the usb c on my MacBook Pro and it's not showing up in 'locations'. I don't get this. I assumed it would show so I could enter it.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #440 of 2,746
I'm plugging it into the usb c on my MacBook Pro and it's not showing up in 'locations'. I don't get this. I assumed it would show so I could enter it.

Do you have android installer in your MacBook Pro? I had the same problems. Because I’m new to DAP and Android. I have old Mac from Mid 2009. At the beginning I thought I would have to return the AK. But now I Love it.

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #441 of 2,746
how do I get android installer?

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #442 of 2,746
Does Android File Transfer work with the newer A&K DAPs? I've been using it on my Mac(s) for the last 5 1/2 years with my now-ancient A&K 120ii. It still works even on macOS Catalina.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

Jun 27, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #443 of 2,746
Help needed here also. I own a MacBook Pro and have gone to the akpure page and downloaded the app as well as the Tidal app from that page. I connected my SR25 to the computer via BT and the computer won't let me open the apps from download. Says that I don't have a program to open either with. What have I done wrong please? thanks.
We have been working on some tutorial videos. This is the one showing how to install the XAPK Installer APK and then how to install XAPK files on a Mac. This may be able to help you. Video is a work in progress, but should be helpful. Once I get onto a computer later today I can help troubleshoot further.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jun 27, 2020 at 4:46 PM Post #444 of 2,746
Jun 27, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #445 of 2,746
Does Android File Transfer work with the newer A&K DAPs? I've been using it on my Mac(s) for the last 5 1/2 years with my now-ancient A&K 120ii. It still works even on macOS Catalina.

https://www.android.com/filetransfer/
Yes it does, I used it yesterday to get Tidal and AppleMusic apk's onto my new SR25, and downloading for offline use. As a (very) longtime macOS/iOS user, some of this felt a bit disorienting to me, but here's what I did based on help from a few posts back:

1. Download and Install android file transfer on the Mac.
2. Download XAPK installer v 2.2.2, Tidal v2.27.2 , and Apple Music v3.2.2 apk's from APKpure website.
3. Connect the SR25 using AK included USB cable to the Mac
4. Copy the files across to the Open Service folder
5. Disconnect the SR25
6. Navigate to the Services menu on the SR25
7. Launch XAPK Installer and install the Tidal, Apple apk's
8. Down the rabbit hole you go..

IMG_1632-2.jpg

oh yeah the new Cascade's are awesome too!!
1593294959435.gif

I am now a very happy Head-fi'er

Jun 27, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #446 of 2,746
I had just posted that I wasn't able to find them in services on the device. I don't know what I did, but I did a couple of things and found them in services and installed both. let me see if I can now use Tidal on the AK Connect and download some of my playlists. Say a prayer for me all, lol.

THANKS to the whole community and to Jason for all the help here. Sincerely Pete

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2020 at 7:44 PM Post #447 of 2,746
Ok, so I'm in AK Connect and playing Tidal. How do I save to the units HD?

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #449 of 2,746
Ok, so I'm in AK Connect and playing Tidal. How do I save to the units HD?
In the Tidal App, you can toggle Download on any Playlist/Album/Track, and the app will start downloading in the background.

If you look at "My Collection", you'll see Downloaded where you can check progress, and see all the stuff you've downloaded.

If found that I had to go into the Settings (gear on top right) and toggle "Offline mode" to force the app to only play from what's actually downloaded, otherwise I got errors if there was no network. A bit wonky, but it does work ok...

Jun 28, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #450 of 2,746
I contacted A&K customer support about my offline content problems and they recommended Tidal APK version 2.24.0. I wonder why they do not suggest using the latest XAPK?

Dunno, I've just got my SR25 Friday, updated firmware to 1.10, and installed Tidal apk v2.27.2, and seems to be working ok. Haven't used it much yet, but so far so good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back