Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Jun 1, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #2,416 of 2,749
Different strokes and all that, but I am seriously concerned for your long-term hearing health if you are listening to those levels consistently.

That's the balance between your left ear and right ear. 60/60 is the same as a neutral center panning.
I concur! That seems awfully loud. My IEM's I am at a volume around 40, maybe max 60.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #2,418 of 2,749
Hi guys! Have a question about SR25. Does it support Deezer HiFi streaming? I know that one can install deezer on the DAP. But will it stream HiFi quality with deezer hifi subscription? It should have hifi mark on the album art when playing. Please advise.

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #2,420 of 2,749
Unfortunately the balanced jack on my A&K SR25 has stopped working - volume is only coming through one channel unless the cable is 'jiggled' to precisely the right angle. So I need to open up the player somehow and try re-soldering the 2.5mm balanced jack.

Does anyone know how to remove the rear of the SR25?

Jun 17, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #2,421 of 2,749
Unfortunately the balanced jack on my A&K SR25 has stopped working - volume is only coming through one channel unless the cable is 'jiggled' to precisely the right angle. So I need to open up the player somehow and try re-soldering the 2.5mm balanced jack.

It would be the same as a flagship phone. I'd take it to a reputable phone repair shop. They will have more experience with that type of work from doing screen and battery replacements. Otherwise iFixit might be of some use to check for resources and/or instructions. :L3000:

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #2,422 of 2,749
It would be the same as a flagship phone. I'd take it to a reputable phone repair shop. They will have more experience with that type of work from doing screen and battery replacements. Otherwise iFixit might be of some use to check for resources and/or instructions. :L3000:
On YouTube there's a video on changing the battery on an A&K SR25. It shows how the back cover is removed. Do at your own risk! But if You view, you'll better understand what an experienced tech needs to do.

Jun 17, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #2,423 of 2,749
On YouTube there's a video on changing the battery on an A&K SR25. It shows how the back cover is removed. Do at your own risk! But if You view, you'll better understand what an experienced tech needs to do.
Any chance you have a link to that? Thanks.

Jun 17, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #2,425 of 2,749

Have you tried a different cable?

Jun 17, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #2,426 of 2,749
Jun 18, 2022 at 9:35 PM Post #2,427 of 2,749
Jun 19, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #2,428 of 2,749
I can’t actually see any video in that list which shows how to remove the SR25’s rear cover. I might be able to re-solder the faulty jack myself if I can get the DAP open somehow.

Any video showing how to remove front or rear glass panel in a phone should be the same process. AFAIK the basic approach is to use heat to soften glue and then use a suction cup to traction the screen off. Using anything metal to pry the screen off is likely to damage the case. Guitar picks are a safer option. Of course, cracking the glass is also a risk.

Ifixit should have tools in their catalogue.

Jun 20, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #2,429 of 2,749

I had the same issue when I inserted 2.5 cable into SR25 MKII for the "first time ever" I had to move the jack around to fix this but it fixed it-self it only happened with the first 2-3 insertions ... if I plug the jack with cable pointing exactly to the right side of the player every time there was no issue ever since!

I know it makes no sense since the jack is the same shape no matter how you insert it but maybe that jack plug needs to get used to having the jack plugged in like a virgin lol! I am a funny guy too haha. but really if you think about it... maybe it is just about that it is new and needs some getting used to or there were some oil residues from the manufacture inside the plug that cleaned itself with more use in my case who knows... this is pure speculation I like to speculate a lot :p

Now if I plug it any direction imaginable (just tried this just to check) there is no issue so maybe that jack plug just needs some getting used to.

But if you were using it for like an year without an issue and this issue appeared just recently there might be something wrong with the plug itself.

btw I saw that SR25 MKII teardown video on ytube but I cant find it anymore maybe it got removed think it was from some Russian guy but i just cant find it anymore...

Jun 25, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #2,430 of 2,749
does anyone know any free big podcast app that actually works to install on an A&K 25?

I am so incredibly frustrated with how bad the UI and the android version is, why they have a "white list" of apps on their website where half of them are only available in the US? and one of them that is isn't is last.fm which still doesn't work, but rant aside, I can't instally google podcast god knows why, apple podcast apparently only in the US..

any suggestions for me? thank you so much.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back