Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Feb 10, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #1,051 of 1,568
Yeah, the best way I found as well so far. :) I also added the year as prefix to the album titles to have an ascending chronological order on the DAP.

Went a step further, added ‘format’ at end of album title. So I have:

(1981) Moving Pictures (FL)

I have an ‘Action’ set up in mp3tag, so it adds these at the press of one button to every track.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #1,052 of 1,568
Finally dug out an RCA to 3.5mm cable from the basement and put my SE100 in line out mode for the first time. Curious if the voltage matters, Ive had it at 0.7 Volts and it sounds fine to me.

Feb 11, 2019 at 12:57 AM Post #1,053 of 1,568
Folks, quick question as I am no position to audition this player and relying on your inputs to make some decisions. How does this compare with the KANN? Any inputs from someone who has tried both would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Feb 14, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #1,054 of 1,568
Something I've found a bit annoying. When I try to scroll through my library to find a particular album I have to scroll through all the albums and their songs above/below. Often times doing so erroneously selects a song for play. Is there a way to collapse the lists to show only the albums for that artist?

Feb 14, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,055 of 1,568
Yeah, come on A+K. Work on some of the functions of the interface now. While the speed is great, some of the other basic functions are lagging behind other players.

Artist\Albums should only show albums. Then selecting the album shows the songs for the album.

Also have the option to sort Artist\Albums by release date.

And when selecting Albums from the main menu... have an option to sort all Albums by the most recently added to the library. Makes it easy to find my newest albums, which is usually what I'm most interested in listening to most often.

Implementing just those 3 funtions would go a long way in improving the interface for me. As it is, it's just functional... but nothing premium about it other than the speed of making selections.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #1,056 of 1,568

Here we are, the 1st 3 show the stand, the last 2 are just general shots.

Managed to get a good deal on Dignis products and I can tell that it is really top notch quality. Amazingly happy with the them. Just wished they have the redish leather on the IEM case.
IMG_20190215_161552.jpg
IMG_20190215_161615.jpg

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #1,057 of 1,568
Feb 15, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #1,058 of 1,568
Managed to get a good deal on Dignis products and I can tell that it is really top notch quality. Amazingly happy with the them. Just wished they have the redish leather on the IEM case.
Kinda makes me wish for a case that has that top right corner like the Dignis and the cut out of the Miter.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #1,059 of 1,568
Kinda makes me wish for a case that has that top right corner like the Dignis and the cut out of the Miter.
I don't mind the buttons covered. I actually like the fanciness of the stamps on the cover. but, I barely use them anyway. Is more case by case. You can also get the Dignis one and go on a Leather tailor general shoe repairer and ask to cut it properly. Normally souvenirs shops or shopping centres has one.

Feb 15, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #1,060 of 1,568
Yeah, come on A+K. Work on some of the functions of the interface now. While the speed is great, some of the other basic functions are lagging behind other players.

Artist\Albums should only show albums. Then selecting the album shows the songs for the album.

Also have the option to sort Artist\Albums by release date.

And when selecting Albums from the main menu... have an option to sort all Albums by the most recently added to the library. Makes it easy to find my newest albums, which is usually what I'm most interested in listening to most often.

Implementing just those 3 funtions would go a long way in improving the interface for me. As it is, it's just functional... but nothing premium about it other than the speed of making selections.
I am a (little) bit disappointed about some small oddities/imperfections too. Still the A&K software is one of the best implementations I have encountered.

What I really miss is the correct order of songs in the beloved albums overwiew which shows all the covers, making it much easier to navigate through >600 GB of content. Not being able to play an album in its correct order from there on is really annoying imo... Why not additionally show the playlist files in the folders too like in the folder view? Or why not add the cover view in the folder section to give it the same look like the album section? Something like in the Bubble app....

As for your third point - the most recently added albums - you can at least use the playlist, that is automatically created by the player/software. I don't know how much albums are/can be included but after my latest upload of music to both the internal storage as well as the SDcard it contains the 817 songs that have been added at last. Quite comfortable although there is no playlist appropriate order among the albums but the order in which the songs have actually been moved to the player (kind of backwards that is).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,061 of 1,568

Congrats on the purchases, really looks fantastic! Nice London Tan IEM case - although it's not red that colour should patina nicely over time. Good to also see what the red case looks like in a non-studio setting, thanks for sharing

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #1,062 of 1,568
Congrats on the purchases, really looks fantastic! Nice London Tan IEM case - although it's not red that colour should patina nicely over time. Good to also see what the red case looks like in a non-studio setting, thanks for sharing
Both cases are from Dignis. The AK one is the Burgundy color. Really liked it.

Feb 15, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #1,063 of 1,568
Both cases are from Dignis. The AK one is the Burgundy color. Really liked it.
How do you find the IEM case? I would have gotten it if I didn't already have the Leo II patina case.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #1,064 of 1,568
How do you find the IEM case? I would have gotten it if I didn't already have the Leo II patina case.
Really well made and size is perfect for any IEM (and CIEM), the divisions are something I didn't think I would need, now I can't think about a case not having it. Would buy again definitely. Pricy, but worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back