Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
Feb 28, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #559 of 707
I just reminded AK that I had not heard back after we last communicated ... will post the new info when I have it.

One thing that was suggested by AK that I will pass along is they recommended turning gapless off, then doing a re-boot. Afterwards, you can go ahead and turn gapless back on. An engineer mentioned to my contact that sometimes the gapless feature can cause the stutter issue, but should be corrected with the above remedy. It didn’t work for me, but others here may have a different result.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:22 AM Post #560 of 707
I just reminded AK that I had not heard back after we last communicated ... will post the new info when I have it.

One thing that was suggested by AK that I will pass along is they recommended turning gapless off, then doing a re-boot. Afterwards, you can go ahead and turn gapless back on. An engineer mentioned to my contact that sometimes the gapless feature can cause the stutter issue, but should be corrected with the above remedy. It didn’t work for me, but others here may have a different result.

hope ak really fixing all isseu。。。
also hope they will add v-link to sa700

Mar 15, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #563 of 707
Just to say something positive about this little gem, I've originally posted this in the Phone thread about DENON D9200 but maybe someone who has the possibility to test this out will find this usefull:

I'm falling in love again 🤦
Have listened before with Silver Dragon and after that I've used the Beyerdynamic Copper Cable 'cause the 15ft XLR Silver was a mess, and now it pairs with my Z1R...
But today Is one of that days, my 2,5 Silver Dragon 5ft (already burned in) arrived supposing to use it on the go in the Appartment with the Z1R.
So before I go to the dark side of Sony I had this flash in the head to try it first on the D9200.
QOBUZ/KateBush-All the love 44,1KHZ
First I plugged it in both sides of AK SE200, AKM was No good Combination, ESS little better, but the voice...
So put the cable in the AK SA700 and what can I say, this Combination.
I never have heard this Phone so pleasant.
This Player is my on the go One because I don't like huge soundstages outside.
Now with the new Combination the soundstage feels alright widened.
Was thinking to change some Tracks and listen to a playlist and now I'm lost with Kate 🤗

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #564 of 707
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share a couple things: regarding the stuttering nature on the screen sometimes when switching albums, I’ve found that after boot up, letting the SA700 fully index your files pretty much takes care of this issue. It does take awhile to do this, especially if you have a big library.

I also want to say sound wise, I’m happy with the SA700, its clean aesthetic and smaller size are a big plus as well. 👍

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #566 of 707
anyone know how to download song in tidal?
i can download song if i tidal on phone, but using sa700, i cant find the download button..

anyone know how to download song in tidal?
i can download song if i tidal on phone, but using sa700, i cant find the download button..
it's not possible from on build aplication. Only streams.
You have to download the Tidal apk aplication and install it separadly.

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #568 of 707
Apr 22, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #569 of 707
Astell&Kern has identified the issues users are having with the embedded Tidal app. Tidal has changed the authentication method used when logging into third-party Tidal apps. Astell&Kern is working as quickly as possible to make the required changes in the embedded app.
New firmware updates for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M, SE200, SE100, SR25 and KANN ALPHA will be released in May 2021, which will contain an updated embedded Tidal app to fix the authentication issues.
There is an issue with the new Tidal authentication policies on the following players – KANN CUBE, SA700, SR15, CT15 and CT10. We are looking into ways to continue to support the Tidal app on these players. More information will be available in May 2021.

This is official statment? Sounds like a joke.
There was no update almost year for critical bugs and now that? 2year old DAP without any support and even no info in this topic. That all for only 1300$
Shame on You!

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #570 of 707
Astell&Kern has identified the issues users are having with the embedded Tidal app. Tidal has changed the authentication method used when logging into third-party Tidal apps. Astell&Kern is working as quickly as possible to make the required changes in the embedded app.
New firmware updates for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M, SE200, SE100, SR25 and KANN ALPHA will be released in May 2021, which will contain an updated embedded Tidal app to fix the authentication issues.
There is an issue with the new Tidal authentication policies on the following players – KANN CUBE, SA700, SR15, CT15 and CT10. We are looking into ways to continue to support the Tidal app on these players. More information will be available in May 2021.

This is official statment? Sounds like a joke.
There was no update almost year for critical bugs and now that? 2year old DAP without any support and even no info in this topic. That all for only 1300$
Shame on You!

I don’t use Tidal or any other streaming app on my SA700, but I still hope AK takes care of this issue for those that do. I would imagine one can download the .apk for Tidal which I think you have to do anyway for downloads from Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back