Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 8, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #3,841 of 5,840
Dec 8, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #3,843 of 5,840
Hi folks, help needed here!

Have you ever encountered with some unpleasant white noise-like sounds or hiss with SP2000? Pretty hard to describe though...

For example, Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars(Tidal, with Master Quality Streaming), I noted several obviously harsh and unpleasant noises at 0:20 - 0:40, 0:50 and 1:59 - 2:04, which made me frown deeply. I have noted same kind of noises in multiple sound files, but the issue is most outstanding and irritating in this song.

I paired SP2000 with the Fourte Noir from 64 Audio. The DAP is running firmware 1.26CM.

Any help or advice appreciated! Thanks.

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #3,844 of 5,840
Can anyone recommend a carry case that can contain the sp2000 and enough room for a 2 or 1 iem ?.
a few years ago I found this Rimowa travel case that was a item sold by Porsche. it was about $50 or 60 from the dealer. big enough to hold a 2000 plus a set of ism's has a pouch on either side that allow you to store charge cables ear tips and a bunch of other stuff. here is a link to one on ebay. its supper over priced but you will see that they make a similar case for first class passengers for some airlines. Its Rimowa so the quality is top notch. used mine for my 240, 380 and now my 2000. dont know what I would do with out it. search about and you can probably find one of the p car ones. Not sure if the airline ones are big enough, but if they are I think you will be happy

https://www.ebay.com/i/283945571273?chn=ps&mkevt=1&mkcid=28

Dec 9, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #3,845 of 5,840
Can anyone recommend a carry case that can contain the sp2000 and enough room for a 2 or 1 iem ?.
I use a Dignis case and am very pleased with it. But really only room for one IEM with cable.

FB4B6A5F-623E-4824-8101-46295033C11F.jpeg
E3CFC6C6-D7F6-49D2-86BA-4A696150961F.jpeg

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #3,846 of 5,840
Great break down, agree with what you wrote and I myself chose the SS. It was a very tough choice because sometimes the copper version is a funner easier listen. Just as you mentioned I opted for micro details and will adjust via cables and IEMs, for my case mostly cables as I love my A18T.
Hello, I’m new here. I’ve owned the A18Ts for a while now and I use them with my iPhone they sound great and I know their full potential won’t show up with an iPhone. I’ve been eyeing the sp2000 for quite a while now and been a bit skeptic wether I should get it or not. I have no way of testing it out. But I did get a chance to try out the se200, to me it sounded great much better then my iPhone obviously but it’s still missing something. For some reason the vocals always sound too far in the back, the low mids are a bit muddy, the bass and highs are good. Since you have the sp2000 and the same iems the A18Ts as I have would you say the let downs of the se200 are fulfilled with the sp2000? I would greatly appreciate your honest feedback. The player is a lot of money, but I don’t mind paying for something that gives back in its worth. Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays!!

Dec 10, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #3,847 of 5,840
Hello, I’m new here. I’ve owned the A18Ts for a while now and I use them with my iPhone they sound great and I know their full potential won’t show up with an iPhone. I’ve been eyeing the sp2000 for quite a while now and been a bit skeptic wether I should get it or not. I have no way of testing it out. But I did get a chance to try out the se200, to me it sounded great much better then my iPhone obviously but it’s still missing something. For some reason the vocals always sound too far in the back, the low mids are a bit muddy, the bass and highs are good. Since you have the sp2000 and the same iems the A18Ts as I have would you say the let downs of the se200 are fulfilled with the sp2000? I would greatly appreciate your honest feedback. The player is a lot of money, but I don’t mind paying for something that gives back in its worth. Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays!!
For me personally, it would a big hassle to carry a extra device. I opted for the convenience to go straight into the phone despite the small loss in "quality of sound"

Just my personal choice regarding earphones. For me, I always long to listen with headphones instead and cherish those moments much more. No matter how much I try to improve my earphone set up, I am dissatisfied compared to headphones regardless so I stopped trying.

Dec 10, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #3,849 of 5,840
For me personally, it would a big hassle to carry a extra device. I opted for the convenience to go straight into the phone despite the small loss in "quality of sound"

Just my personal choice regarding earphones. For me, I always long to listen with headphones instead and cherish those moments much more. No matter how much I try to improve my earphone set up, I am dissatisfied compared to headphones regardless so I stopped trying.
So you use the phone and not the SP2000?

Dec 10, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3,852 of 5,840
and you only use the sp2000 with headphones, which ones? I'm seriously thinking of purchasing the SP2000 would you recommend it since you had it for a while. AK is having a bundle deal right now sp2000 with the CD ripper.
I personally went route of focusing on headphones. For earphones or portable solutions, I just go straight into phone..once again that is just my personal choice as I feel headphones give me a much more satisfying experience.

Dec 10, 2020 at 2:57 PM Post #3,853 of 5,840
Hi!

The A18t doesn’t have LID technology inside, because of this it’s very sensitive to amps, DAPs and cables.
The SP2000cu in balanced out it’s one of the best pairings for the A18t, i don’t hear any hollowness in the mids, if you want to raise the mids, you can go for some copper or hybrid cable (Ares II 8w, plussound tricopper, Lionheart, Eros II)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #3,854 of 5,840
Hi!

The A18t doesn’t have LID technology inside, because of this it’s very sensitive to amps, DAPs and cables.
The SP2000cu in balanced out it’s one of the best pairings for the A18t, i don’t hear any hollowness in the mids, if you want to raise the mids, you can go for some copper or hybrid cable (Ares II 8w, plussound tricopper, Lionheart, Eros II)
Thank you, I’m on the fence for the sp2000 or the Hugo 2 with my iPhone. Decisions decisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back