Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Nov 20, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #3,811 of 5,840
Astell&Kern US Holiday Promotions Are Now Available!

Get your favorite Astell&Kern products at special pricing now through December 29th, or while supplies last! Available at us.astellnkern.com or at a participating authorized dealer near you. Promotions listed below are valid only in the US/Canada. For other countries, please contact your local authorized Astell&Kern dealer for a list of promotions in your region.

For the full list of deals, check out https://us.astellnkern.com/blogs/news/a-k-2020-holiday-promotions
But Roon support though ?

Nov 20, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #3,812 of 5,840
Hi folks I am curious what are the sonic differences between cc and gold sp2000?

When is sp3000 Gold with 4.4 pentaconn to be released? :ksc75smile: :boom: :ksc75smile:
cc is cooper?
Gold is Gold Plated SS and I feel same as SS.
Cooper is thicker and warmer.
Black is SS too, but it is less treble intensive extended.

Nov 20, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #3,813 of 5,840
Nov 20, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #3,814 of 5,840
The akm factory got burned unfortunately. It will probably come out later and who knows if you will like it more than the 2000s or even 1000s.

Yea that is very sad of course. I dont really know how it will turn for the future of audio daps. I guess we will have more ess sabre dacs now? What I want of A7K is 4.4mm stable fast os and streaming services with offline features enabled.

cc is cooper?

Being a 1z lover I think CC will be my safest bet... I tought gold one was gold plated copper :frowning2: in that case full copper is the best option. I am really curious to see the future of A&K with 4.4mm balanced.
The majority say A&K is the best daps on the market and I havent yet had a chance to really try one for longer time to confirm it if it suits my preference. One day one day.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #3,815 of 5,840
Sorry for the noob question but since Astell and Kern is a Korean company, do you guys have to send the DAP to SK for repair and warranty claims? My LPGT is out of commission right now and it has been a headache trying to get it fixed because I have to send it to China (lots of paperwork due to customs). Thanks guys!

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,816 of 5,840
Sorry for the noob question but since Astell and Kern is a Korean company, do you guys have to send the DAP to SK for repair and warranty claims? My LPGT is out of commission right now and it has been a headache trying to get it fixed because I have to send it to China (lots of paperwork due to customs). Thanks guys!
It has to be.
Dealer/Distributor cannot perform repair.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #3,817 of 5,840
cc is cooper?
Correct me if I am wrong, I don’t think Gold is really goldplated SS. It is painted Gold with SS chassis similar to how they painted Black Onyx.

Nov 21, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #3,818 of 5,840
So they have a location in California, but since the pandemic, and staffing, I don't think they are doing repairs there. That said, you may be able to ship to them and they will assist you.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #3,819 of 5,840
Correct me if I am wrong, I don’t think Gold is really goldplated SS. It is painted Gold with SS chassis similar to how they painted Black Onyx.
You should look at the realy surface. Black is other case.
They say PVD coating.

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM Post #3,820 of 5,840
So they have a location in California, but since the pandemic, and staffing, I don't think they are doing repairs there. That said, you may be able to ship to them and they will assist you.
I’ve had my AK380 and SP1000 batteries replaced, as well as the AK380 amp 2.5 port repaired via the Irvine, CA office - it took a little while (went to S.K.), but painless and inexpensive. One of the reasons I will only buy AK DAP‘s - first class service.

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #3,823 of 5,840

so wm1z stands as the only dap in the universe being gold plated Copper :) at sony's gold is a very important sound charactered signature, they like it :)

Nov 21, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #3,824 of 5,840
May i ask how much you were charged for the battery replacement?
$60 - this included return shipping to me. It’s on you to ship to Irvine though.

Nov 23, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #3,825 of 5,840
For BA iems, there's no question SP2000 is better TO MY EARS because you're able to hear more details and layerings. Hugo 2 has more impact and power so they're different in that sense. Hence, I am thinking about just keeping my H2Go and use it to drive hybrids (Eg, Z1R) in the future. Currently, I just got a very nice amp yesterday to pair up with H2GO to drive my HD800S and Stellia. H2GO is kind of nice in the way that it's a transformer in that it can do literally a lot of things (streamer/dac/amp or pure dac).

Hope this helps

hi where did you get your stand for the SP2000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back