Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Apr 1, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #3,016 of 5,848
@JasonNYC What about sonic changes comparing with the 1.19? I asked several posts above but you've missed the question accidentally.

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #3,017 of 5,848
New firmware was pulled for the SP2000, SP1000, SP1000M and SE100. They have found the issue that a few users were experiencing after the update with media scanning and will be releasing an updated firmware in the next few days. I should have more info late tonight.

not having an issue with SD card recognition with 1.21. I only have a 512gb card. dont know if this helps

EDIT. - its a 256gb card. my mistake. All functions appear to be working correctly

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 6:25 PM Post #3,018 of 5,848
I'm selling both sp2000 and SP1000, anyone interested, please PM me.

Edit : finally decided to wait for the next firmware, if Astell&kern doesn't solve the issue of playlist management, and if I'm still obliged to do a factory reset and rebuild my playlist and copy past my music, then I will return Bothe unit to customer service !

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #3,019 of 5,848
1585792811402.png

Apr 1, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #3,020 of 5,848
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #3,022 of 5,848
At first, I bought these AK music players to listen to music, to enjoy music. But today, these critters bring only problems. I have to spend all my time copying and pasting my music, or reformatting, rebuilding playlists and so.
with each update, i have to rebuild everything manually, like if i had nothing else to do.
the problem is that there are people who are happy about that, just pm me and your prices will be mine.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #3,023 of 5,848
At first, I bought these AK music players to listen to music, to enjoy music. But today, these critters only bring only problems. I have to spend all my time copying and pasting my music, or reformatting, rebuilding playlists and so.
with each update, i have to rebuild everything manually, like if i had nothing to do.
the problem is that there are people who are happy about that, just pm me and your prices will be mine.
You dont have to do all that. Is your mind making you do that ?

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #3,024 of 5,848
At first, I bought these AK music players to listen to music, to enjoy music. But today, these critters bring only problems. I have to spend all my time copying and pasting my music, or reformatting, rebuilding playlists and so.
with each update, i have to rebuild everything manually, like if i had nothing else to do.
Why you have to do all that? Because someone told you, or because is really needed? That's bullcrap man, the player after reset and after all that hard work sounds the same, simply awesome

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #3,026 of 5,848
Why you have to do all that? Because someone told you, or because is really needed? That's bullcrap man, the player after reset and after all that hard work sounds the same, simply awesome
i hear you but please tell me :
@denis1976 How many playlist files do you have in the internal memory of your sp2000 ?
how many songs or lines do you have In each playlist ?
sure you don’t use playlist files with your dap Exactly like the ’’AK développement team’’ they develop and they don’t even use these daps.
because you would Know that each time you do a factory reset, each time you remove your micro sdcard from the player you loose all your playlist files and the nice off all is that you can’t copy paste those files.
i have 4 playlist files and each file content about 999 lines / songs, do you suggest me to factory reset and rebuild all that for my two daps ? I have about 9000 songs in each dap.
but you You are right; I should send these daps back to ‘’Ak customer service and so that their technicians do that job‘’
as you can see it is not only the sound quality issu.
sam

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #3,027 of 5,848
A little re-posting for others interest. ak240SS vs SP2000

Ak240SS is a great little player! and to me 240SS + Xelento make for somewhat of a dream Combo. I love its size and simplicity.
I also love the sound characteristic of this player. It has an ethereal, spacey signature that i absolutely love! Pure joy
This will make my endgame portable. :joy: I mean it!

SP2000 is substantially better but not surprising given its size and weight penalty and newer components. Basically more power 'authoritative' and has less noise/distortion 'quieter background'. Translating to better bass control 'micro detail', details popping our of a quieter/darker background with clearer separation and retrieval but most noticeably its smoother. It really brings the music to life; the fullness, musicality, impact-fullness.
Sp2000 really is a fantastic sounding device, and i feel the first DAP that has really come close to desktop level performance.

I'd like to make a suggestion to astell and kern @JasonNYC , as their players have been getting larger each generation. I'd love to see AK applying their current knowledge to a smaller flagship level device, like the earlier AK devices. The SA700 was a larger remake of the 120, i wonder will there be a remake of the 240 :) ? hopefully not any bigger.

In the future when prices are more favorable i hope to get the Sp2000 + Final D8000Pro as a transportable/desktop option. But for now, ergonomics is winning me over.

Apr 2, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #3,029 of 5,848
i hear you but please tell me :
@denis1976 How many playlist files do you have in the internal memory of your sp2000 ?
how many songs or lines do you have In each playlist ?
sure you don’t use playlist files with your dap Exactly like the ’’AK développement team’’ they develop and they don’t even use these daps.
because you would Know that each time you do a factory reset, each time you remove your micro sdcard from the player you loose all your playlist files and the nice off all is that you can’t copy paste those files.
i have 4 playlist files and each file content about 999 lines / songs, do you suggest me to factory reset and rebuild all that for my two daps ? I have about 9000 songs in each dap.
but you You are right; I should send these daps back to ‘’Ak customer service and so that their technicians do that job‘’
as you can see it is not only the sound quality issu.
sam

I've never really understood the need or obsession with playlists. I have 22k songs on my SP2K and not a single playlist. They just seem to be an unnecessary distraction. It's so easy to just navigate to the album/artist/song you want to hear. Personally, I just put the whole library on shuffle and let it rip. If I hear a track and decide I want to hear the whole album I just pull it out of my pocket and navigate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back