Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Mar 1, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #2,762 of 5,840
Is there a difference in sound quality between the downloaded Tidal apk and the pre-installed Tidal app?
You get MQA decoding and the ability to listen offline by downloading content to your DAP with the downloaded apk so for me it's a no-brainer, but I haven't done a direct comparison between 'Hi-fi' (i.e. 16-bit FLAC) releases on the two systems.

If you do decide to download the apk, make sure you use version 2.19.0 as at present you can't install the xapk files used by the later versions.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #2,765 of 5,840
I play with eq in my onyx black but it’s seem not change so much. What’s you guy think? I compare it with sony. Sony did a better job on eq.
AKs eq just for looks.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #2,768 of 5,840
I play with eq in my onyx black but it’s seem not change so much. What’s you guy think? I compare it with sony. Sony did a better job on eq.
Imo The most important is not what you can do with Eq. I would be sad if AK daps could not deliver natively clean sound for the price it costs. But they do, the Sq is good and the best imo. A great dap should be give a great sound quality natively. I like how AK daps are parametered to deliver the sound without any modification required from users.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #2,769 of 5,840
Imo The most important is not what you can do with Eq. I would be sad if AK daps could not deliver natively clean sound for the price it costs. But they do, the Sq is good and the best imo. A great dap should be give a great sound quality natively. I like how AK daps are parametered to deliver the sound without any modification required from users.
You mean you enjoy how AK EQued its daps for you.

Mar 1, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #2,773 of 5,840
Something should be done regarding playlist files management, if the FW decrease the SQ and we shall do a factory reset all the times, it means rebuild manually all playlist files, while I have many with 999 files content for each.

Also: When I shuffle play all songs, I like to add certain tracks to one of my playlists while listening to the song. I've noticed that it's possible to add the same track multiple times to the same playlist.
Would it be an idea to just like with SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A make this not possilble and get the message "this song was all ready added to the playlist"?

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #2,774 of 5,840
Why?for damage the dynamic of the track? That function should never be available in a device of this level IMO

it’s annoying when some songs are too loud or too low.I have to adjust the volume everytime. For example, you just want to sit back and stay relax by listening to Adele song suddenly your dap change to JB or Ed sheeran song whichis much louder LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back