Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Feb 8, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #2,461 of 5,840
Twister6, I believe you’ve had and reviewed both the copper and SS versions of the SP2000. My question to you is have you noticed any sound changes between this latest FW upgrade and the previous one?

This may have been a leading question because you may not have either units in your possession now.

Sorry, only had SP2k SS on short loan for review last year.

Feb 9, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #2,463 of 5,840
Feb 9, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #2,464 of 5,840
can someone please do a test for me

play a song from sd card, then play it via tidal trying to find the same exact bitrate and compare, do both sound the same

as i want to see if tidal playback is a downgrade experience than playing the same exact song stored on sd card

Feb 9, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2,465 of 5,840
can someone please do a test for me

play a song from sd card, then play it via tidal trying to find the same exact bitrate and compare, do both sound the same

as i want to see if tidal playback is a downgrade experience than playing the same exact song stored on sd card
That's the same I was interested in some time ago.
I downloaded albums from the Tidal via Athame and without A/B blind testing tried to figure out any differences between the same files stored in the inner storage and played by the latest Tidal app had been installed from the apkpure.com. Fortunately, there were no audible differences. Now I download music and play it from the Tidal app, and it's so-o convenient with the SP2000.

Nonetheless, there're some slight audible distinctions in Tidal and Qobuz services. I prefer the latter more but some obstacles and restrictions which make use of Qobuz in my country almost impossible.

Feb 9, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #2,466 of 5,840
video : deleted

hi,
This happen sometimes with my SP2000cu, since I got it. is this usual ? is this normal ? shall I keep it definitively ? did some users already got this situation ...
thanks

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #2,468 of 5,840
This happen sometimes with my SP2000cu, since I got it. is this usual ? is this normal ? shall I keep it definitively ? did some users already got this situation ...
thanks
Definitely it's not normal.

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #2,472 of 5,840
yes I use the camera of my phone!
here is another video. the first was taken yesterday night and the second this morning in the Vehicule
video : deleted

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #2,475 of 5,840
How does the Brimar compare to the Heimdall?
It is quite complicated but let me give you some impression.

Paring with katana: then Brimar Grand Master lift it up to another level more than any other cable I have (gold plated pure silver, Heimdall2).

Paring with my Dest(Electrostatic Tweeter): which is internally wired by Nordost Heimdall2 then the case is complicated.
- Brimar Grand Master: More density, tightening sound, bass performance is clean, overall is tight and precise.
- Nordost Heimdall2: I have 2. The old one is better at the bass clean and separation ability but the mid-range is not fluent as the other. The new one (latest model) has more detail and treble resolution. The sound when paring with my iems is nature, a bit smooth, kind of more release sound than Brimar, a bit magic about the synergy between the cable and the internal wiring.

I intend to invest my AK pef21 for him to make other IEMS for better synergy with my Brimar Grand Master :frowning2: hope that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back