Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 16, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #991 of 5,840
I think becoming a friend of you is top priority, if your friends get such gifts, I promise forever friendship :), why I have no friends like you :)
Ha ha ha ha ha, I demand total loyalty from my friend, and it is very easy to prove your loyalty. I only need two thousand “likes” from you starting with this post. And if your forever friendship is proven true and faithful, my Sony IER-1Z, Jomo Trinity, Final Lab2, JVC FW10K, and heck even the Erlkonig is a possibility :L3000::floatsmile::jecklinsmile::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #992 of 5,840
Ha ha ha ha ha, I demand total loyalty from my friend, and it is very easy to prove your loyalty. I only need two thousand “likes” from you starting with this post. And if your forever friendship is proven true and faithful, my Sony IER-1Z, Jomo Trinity, Final Lab2, JVC FW10K, and heck even the Erlkonig is a possibility :L3000::floatsmile::jecklinsmile::deadhorse::deadhorse:

if you are brave enough to stick to your words i will start right away :)

i pray you prove that true potential friendship can happen by sticking to your words :)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #993 of 5,840
From Sony DMP-1Z website: balance output at 16 ohm = 1500 mW or 1.5 watt
For SP2K, it is rated at 6 Vrms at no load, therefore to convert to wattage = Vrms x Vrms / resistance or 6 x 6 / 16 = 36 / 16 = 2.25 watts. So the SP2K has higher driving power than the DMP-1Z
Oh I see, just the calculation @@

Sep 17, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #994 of 5,840
Anybody already test sp2000 with sensitive iems like the campfire solaris ? Im interesting to know how this extra power output will affect sensitive iems compared to sp1000..

Sep 17, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #996 of 5,840
Anybody already test sp2000 with sensitive iems like the campfire solaris ? Im interesting to know how this extra power output will affect sensitive iems compared to sp1000..
I sold my Solaris when I audition the SP2K but my impressions with the SP2K is that it is a very quiet and clean player. I don’t think you need to be worry. When compare to the SP1K, the SP2K should be better because the spec. on the signal-to-noise ratio is better with the SP2K on both SE and balance channels.

Sep 17, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #998 of 5,840
I sold my Solaris when I audition the SP2K but my impressions with the SP2K is that it is a very quiet and clean player. I don’t think you need to be worry. When compare to the SP1K, the SP2K should be better because the spec. on the signal-to-noise ratio is better with the SP2K on both SE and balance channels.
Thanks. When you tried it was the SS or CU version ?

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:26 AM Post #999 of 5,840
Thanks. When you tried it was the SS or CU version ?

When it comes to Andro and Solaris, you can't assume anything. You need the actual confirmation of someone trying it at full volume, low volume, and when idling or playback with zero volume. Also, it's not just the power output, but the output stage head-amp design and opamps they are using. For example, LPGT has 500mW output and it doesn't hiss even with the most sensitive low impedance iems. A&K usually quiet as well but the output power went up in this new release, so I wouldn't assume until it's confirmed.

Sep 17, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,000 of 5,840
When it comes to Andro and Solaris, you can't assume anything. You need the actual confirmation of someone trying it at full volume, low volume, and when idling or playback with zero volume. Also, it's not just the power output, but the output stage head-amp design and opamps they are using. For example, LPGT has 500mW output and it doesn't hiss even with the most sensitive low impedance iems. A&K usually quiet as well but the output power went up in this new release, so I wouldn't assume until it's confirmed.
This hiss sound anoying me so much that I use ifi match with the solaris on Cayin n6II. Cayin n6II noise isnt big. But I hate so much that background noise that I prefer the lack of dynamic that I feel when I use IFI match with the solaris. It flat the sound.

Sep 17, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #1,001 of 5,840
This hiss sound anoying me so much that I use ifi match with the solaris on Cayin n6II. Cayin n6II noise isnt big. But I hate so much that background noise that I prefer the lack of dynamic that I feel when I use IFI match with the solaris. It flat the sound.

And it also sounds like you have a high level of ear sensitivity. So yeah, you have to make compromises such as using iEMatch.

Sep 17, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,002 of 5,840
the sideloaded Tidal offline app on SP2K is not stable.
you're referring to Tidal's own Android app here, right? (Which is the only app on the SP2k that supports offline storage of Tidal tracks, afaik, so it's really important it works reliably.)
Any guesses on why it should be unstable? After all, this app on this Android release is really widely used...

Sep 17, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,004 of 5,840
@IgeNeLL
Hi mate, any update for sp2k ss impression?
Sorry dont mean to rush u, but i have someone going to singpore and im thinking getting either ss or cu version.
I have prophile 8 iem.
Please advice. Thx

Sep 17, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #1,005 of 5,840
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back