Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 19, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #5,357 of 5,840
My current wish list of what I would like to see addressed in future SP2k firmware updates:

Essential improvements:
- option to disable media scan on startup; I am mostly using streaming services and the initial scan on startup slows down everything - have to wait several minutes until I can use e.g. Qobuz, unless I run with no SD card -- this is not great
- Roon endpoint stability to fix dropouts and crashes
- Mac M1 fix, if possible (e.g. L&P W2 had the same connection issues as SP2k, but now there is a new firmware for the W2 to address - this may or may not be possible to replicate with SP2k)
- Wifi stability fixes - frequently uses connection to 5Ghz networks (other devices remain connected without issues)

Nice to have:
- Equalizer improvements (in my dreams: true parametric equalizer, e.g. ability to input your own frequencies)
- Ability to run Neutron Player (.apk)
- custom volume/voltage preset for line out: Cayin C9 takes 3V in, Sp2k line out is 4V - would like to be able to adjust down (yes, can use any other volume setting but would be nice to map to line out)

Dec 21, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #5,359 of 5,840
Can anybody tell what would be a transparent IEM for this DAP please?
In layman terms, it means it won't change, empathize or downplay any characteristic of the DAP signature.

Dec 23, 2021 at 12:32 AM Post #5,360 of 5,840
In layman terms, it means it won't change, empathize or downplay any characteristic of the DAP signature.

Oriolus Trallii IEM

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #5,361 of 5,840
Oriolus Trallii IEM
Thanks. Some say it is awsome whereas others say it's OK.
Anyone has try the Astell&Kern Layla AION with this DAP?

Dec 23, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #5,362 of 5,840
Thanks. Some say it is awsome whereas others say it's OK.
Anyone has try the Astell&Kern Layla AION with this DAP?
I tried Layla Aion with sp1000. Was quite dissapointed with the performance to be honest. This IEM is way overpriced in my opinion.
If you look for the one and only, I'd suggest going for EE Odin or U18t

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #5,363 of 5,840
+1 for EE Odin - great synergy with this DAP.

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #5,364 of 5,840
+1 for EE Odin - great synergy with this DAP.
Can you please specify with which DAP you feel EE Odin has great synergy? Cu (warm), SS (detailed), Vegas Gold (Cu+SS)

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #5,365 of 5,840
If you want a high end and neutral IEM, the best i’ve heard is the U18t, this IEM shows clearly the sound characteristics of every DAP IMO.

Dec 23, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #5,366 of 5,840
I have been disappointed with the Amazon Music app on the SP2000.

To play the higher resolution you first have to play a hd track from the internal or sd memory. This appears to set the max quality. I guess this is the default Android issue.

I could maybe live with that but then I find after playing one album the app becomes unusable unless i force it to stop and restart.

I find i use my SP less and less and just stream from my main system.

Maybe I have been unlucky but the app and AK seem a poor match.

Dec 23, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #5,367 of 5,840
Can you please specify with which DAP you feel EE Odin has great synergy? Cu (warm), SS (detailed), Vegas Gold (Cu+SS)
When I bought the SP2000, I could not hear any significant differences between the Cu and SS, so settled on the Cu for its unique appearance. A year later, I searched for a ToL IEM and ended up with the EE Odin.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #5,368 of 5,840
Is a new model about to be released? I was told the steel and black version was discontinued and can only get copper.

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #5,369 of 5,840
Is a new model about to be released? I was told the steel and black version was discontinued and can only get copper.
Running out of the DAC?

Dec 24, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #5,370 of 5,840
Not discontinued, more cannot be produced at the moment because there are no AK4499 chips available due to the AKM factory fire.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back