Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Mar 18, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #4,351 of 5,840
Thanks Tiger. I guess I will learn and adapt. :)

It is funny that SR15 is my first ever DAP and now, after a long tour, I come to hopefully settle on SP2000.

Haha needless to say I was walking around ak by a mile, the 2.5mm and no streaming back then was for me like a forbidden garden LoL

Now that ak has streaming and so much good sound ala 1z, I am sold and don't care about the 2.5mm anymore.

Your welcome Tiger always happy to help 🙂

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #4,352 of 5,840
Roon works like a charm!

Quick question: the battery is now draining very fast. Is it because I just set it up and the system is performing some tasks in the background (like loading my library)?
The player will scan and index all of the tracks in internal memory and microSD card the first few times you turn it on after loading for the first time or loading a lot of music. After the first few starts, it will do a quick scan looking for changes every time it is restarted. This will cause some battery drain as the scanning is going on in the background.

I always recommend if you just added or removed a lot of files on the player is to do a manual media scan, which will force a full scan and index of all tracks at once. This can take 15 - 20 minutes depending on how many files you have on the player.

To perform a manual media scan - Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 18, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #4,353 of 5,840
The player will scan and index all of the tracks in internal memory and microSD card the first few times you turn it on after loading for the first time or loading a lot of music. After the first few starts, it will do a quick scan looking for changes every time it is restarted. This will cause some battery drain as the scanning is going on in the background.

I always recommend if you just added or removed a lot of files on the player is to do a manual media scan, which will force a full scan and index of all tracks at once. This can take 15 - 20 minutes depending on how many files you have on the player.

To perform a manual media scan - Settings -> System Reset -> Initialize media scan.
Gotcha, thanks so much Jason!

Mar 18, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #4,354 of 5,840
I'm experimenting something on quick charge battery mode with my SP2000 : Sometimes When I connect the DAP to the cable, from evening to morning it does not charge.
But when I try with normal charger (not fast charge), it charge normally. my cable is new with the charger also.

Even this morning, I could see that instead of charging the battery, it use the power remaining in the battery and like I went from 30% to 10% during the charge process.
does someone experimented that ?

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #4,355 of 5,840
I'm experimenting something on quick charge battery mode with my SP2000 : Sometimes When I connect the DAP to the cable, from evening to morning it does not charge.
But when I try with normal charger (not fast charge), it charge normally. my cable is new with the charger also.

Even this morning, I could see that instead of charging the battery, it use the power remaining in the battery and like I went from 30% to 10% during the charge process.
does someone experimented that ?

Incompatible charger. Try another fast charge unit. I experienced that with ibasso dx300 cause it has 2 batteries it was confusing my anker charger.

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:05 AM Post #4,356 of 5,840
Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #4,357 of 5,840
Could you please advice me a good quality charger ?
I use Apple’s usbc charger with Apple’s usbc cable. Works fine so far.

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:08 AM Post #4,358 of 5,840
I use Apple’s usbc charger with Apple’s usbc cable. Works fine so far.
Do you mean the charger of for example iPhone 12 max pro ? that is the iPhone I have
did you get fast charge with ?
But the stock cable of SPK is not usb to usb. (!!!). Do you use another type of cable ?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #4,359 of 5,840
Do you mean the charger of for example iPhone 12 max pro ? that is the iPhone I have
did you get fast charge with ?
But the stock cable of SPK is not usb to usb. (!!!). Do you use another type of cable ?
I believe iPhone 12 Pro does not come with a charger? I use the charger from my iPad Pro, which is just Apple’s regular usbc charger.

Yes I use Apple’s standard usbc cable.

Mar 19, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #4,362 of 5,840
Could you please advice me a good quality charger ?
here is the one I have and which is having the issue :
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IUSYF8G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am using the car cigarette plug charger from anker. Its the 18w fast charge power 3. I can confirm it does charge veryyyy slow but I am fine with that as I think it saves the battery to not let it over heat.

You can use any usb c to usb c cable that come nova days with new chargers.
When I am home I use my pixel 5 charger and usb c cable and it does charge in 2.5hours vs the anker who charges in 5 hours zzzz

Hard to say what I rec as ak has some recommendations on their website how to charge the dap. I use the pixel 5 charger and no issues but the anker is slow, so not reking that

Mar 19, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #4,364 of 5,840
Stronger than your ex Romi WM1Z?:smiley:

Ohh lalalala this story been burried lol you are deeging some crazy stuf I did in the past.

I dont consider romi being an upgrade from stock 1z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back