Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Feb 25, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #4,216 of 5,840
I don't know about the patina ones but look at what Dignis replied to my email...I, personally, refuse to give this company any money whatsoever.

Thanks for the info. Looks like they want to deal with dealers only and to not have small customers with random small problems to fix...

Feb 25, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #4,217 of 5,840
I have a issue with my sp2000 not sure if it’s been addressed . I am using the embedded tidal , on three separate listen occasions, i was listening to some tracks which were in a beautiful stereo sound on my headphones and then out of nowhere the stereo becomes a mono . Not a left or right channel mono , but a dual channel mono , kind of like listening to a instrument recording on a interface . Then the first time it said “fix” in the upper left and my line out was not on not used . The other two times I never saw that message again but got the same mono sound . I tried the other headphones I have and have not herd the said issue the stellia are brand new ... I already reached out to Ak and they want me to send it back for a evaluation which takes 2-3 weeks .. any info would be great

phones
Focal stellia -stock cable
Focal Utopia-stock cable
Shure se846
Hd800s

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #4,218 of 5,840
Hi folks, what is the best and quickest way to transfer music from pc to sp2000? It seems if I just do drag and drop its a huge long process ...

Throwing music on a sd card from pc to the sdcard when its removed is a much faster way then just drag and drop into sp2000....

What you guys do gor music transfers?

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #4,219 of 5,840
At times the process is too long for my ADD as well so I just eject the card and load it in the laptop. Of course then it has to go through the scan again but it's still better than the long slow transfer and then still having to do the scan. It's been that way with my Kann for years too. Although since I updated to Sandisc extreme pro cards (formatted in the DAP) the process seems a little better.

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #4,220 of 5,840
Hi folks, what is the best and quickest way to transfer music from pc to sp2000? It seems if I just do drag and drop its a huge long process ...

Throwing music on a sd card from pc to the sdcard when its removed is a much faster way then just drag and drop into sp2000....

What you guys do gor music transfers?

USB3 card reader on my desktop Windows PC. Much, much faster than the DAP. Note however that the SD card speed is the limiting factor (not the USB speed).

Feb 28, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #4,221 of 5,840
That dont seems to be a good solution. I want to add music to my internal storage. I got 350 gigs free.

I tried to drag and drop and it even stoped the process!
I feel my only solution is drag and drop folders by forlders?

What is ak connect?

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #4,222 of 5,840
Oh, loading into onboard memory is another story. I did mine, just copy/paste and let her run. Went on to other things while the machine just did it's thing. I put about 200gb on there and as I recall I just started it at bedtime and by the middle of the next morning it was finally done.

All that memory space is the exact reason why I have the SP2k. 1tb card plus the 512gb internal means room for lots and lots of music. The Kann is the same thing just uses two cards.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #4,223 of 5,840
@JasonNYC where is that Roon compatibility update :p

Is anyone able to successfully install Spotify at all?

Feb 28, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #4,224 of 5,840
That dont seems to be a good solution. I want to add music to my internal storage. I got 350 gigs free.

I tried to drag and drop and it even stoped the process!
I feel my only solution is drag and drop folders by forlders?

What is ak connect?
AK Connect allows the player to share it’s library or access a dlna server for streaming. Best app to stream to it is mconnect.

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #4,225 of 5,840
@JasonNYC where is that Roon compatibility update :p

Is anyone able to successfully install Spotify at all?

I am running spotify and I use offline content all the time. It works perfectly for me so far no issues. But I did download the apk from the web then run in it in sp2k

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #4,227 of 5,840
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #4,228 of 5,840
Feb 28, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #4,229 of 5,840
how did you download it? I cant... I had to search the web to get it on pc

In some countries (i.e. USA), Spotify is not available on Apkpure, it only has a link to the Google Play Store.

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #4,230 of 5,840
Yes, running Spotify without problem using the latest XAPK file from Apkpure

I will need to try this again. Downloaded two different versions from Apkpure but Spotify just doesn't show up under Services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back