Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Feb 2, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #4,007 of 5,840
When you want to bring roon around the house with sp2k

IMG_5544.jpeg

1612314762281.png

Roon Rock on NUC -> Raspberry Pi 4 with Ropieee -> SP2K

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #4,008 of 5,840
Hmmm wonder how stable is the apk app as when I had this on a android dap that had no google play... It was buggy and everytime I reboot the device it was loosing the offeline content 🙄

I can confirm that apk apps, in my case it's Qobuz, are stabil. :sunglasses:

I use SP2000 CC and I appreciate its versatility to drive such as HD820 as well as U18t.

Feb 2, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #4,009 of 5,840
I can confirm that apk apps, in my case it's Qobuz, are stabil. :sunglasses:

I use SP2000 CC and I appreciate its versatility to drive such as HD820 as well as U18t.

Thats perfect then it shall run the tia Noirs with ease 🤠

You use qobuz offeline too?

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #4,011 of 5,840
Thats perfect then it shall run the tia Noirs with ease 🤠

You use qobuz offeline too?

Yes, I could imagine that a pairing of your noirs with the SP2000 would be great.
Some here compare SP2000's sound characteristics to the LPGT. Personally, I think it offers high resolution combined with musicality.
And SP2000 is significantly improved over SP1000, apart from the performance of the amp unit.

Feb 3, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #4,012 of 5,840
Hmmm wonder how stable is the apk app as when I had this on a android dap that had no google play... It was buggy and everytime I reboot the device it was loosing the offeline content 🙄

Tidal offline works very well on AK systems.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #4,013 of 5,840

Tidal offline works very well on AK systems.

I never had a system/software crash on SP2000. I can only report about my experience with Qobuz, BBC Iplayer Radio and TuneIn Radio streaming, the least two had to be installed via XAPK app, if I remember correctly.
No stability issues at all !

Feb 3, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #4,014 of 5,840
Downloading albums in the Qobuz app will make it unusable, very slow to load. It gets worse as the offline content increases. There have been other glitches with that app as well, but overall it works ok. Not great, but ok. Qobuz issues are not limited to AK, it is the same on my Fiio, but less prominent I would say. Overall I much prefer the UI of the Fiio.

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #4,015 of 5,840
Downloading albums in the Qobuz app will make it unusable, very slow to load. It gets worse as the offline content increases. There have been other glitches with that app as well, but overall it works ok. Not great, but ok. Qobuz issues are not limited to AK, it is the same on my Fiio, but less prominent I would say. Overall I much prefer the UI of the Fiio.

Hmm well luckily I dont use qobuz I am all about spotify, as far I know spotify worked well on all android daps I had. Just some had issues with offeline content disapearing....

Which becomes pointless to have offeline...

Feb 3, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #4,016 of 5,840
Hmm well luckily I dont use qobuz I am all about spotify, as far I know spotify worked well on all android daps I had. Just some had issues with offeline content disapearing....

Which becomes pointless to have offeline...
Offline files from streaming services on DAPs are always a little tricky, in my experience. E.g when you haven't listened to an album for a while, it will not be playable when offline, even though the files are on the device. At that point, a connection is required to play them, which kind of defeats the purpose of offline content... I have experienced this with both Qobuz and Tidal.

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #4,017 of 5,840
Offline files from streaming services on DAPs are always a little tricky, in my experience. E.g when you haven't listened to an album for a while, it will not be playable when offline, even though the files are on the device. At that point, a connection is required to play them, which kind of defeats the purpose of offline content... I have experienced this with both Qobuz and Tidal.

Yea that is the same for spotify but it tells you that you need to log in once in every 30days...
But some android daps are more difficult and dont properly show the offeline content or it gets unussable.

If all done well the communication between the app and dap software is supposed to work flawlessly

Feb 3, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #4,018 of 5,840
Yea that is the same for spotify but it tells you that you need to log in once in every 30days...
But some android daps are more difficult and dont properly show the offeline content or it gets unussable.

If all done well the communication between the app and dap software is supposed to work flawlessly
With Qobuz/Tidal it is not enough to 'only' use the app regularly, you have to actually play the album. I.e. music you've played recently is available when offline, but an album that was downloaded months ago and not played since is not..

Feb 3, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #4,020 of 5,840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back