Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Mar 9, 2024 at 6:55 AM Post #661 of 721
Hey guys is there any reason why Roon Arc is not on the app list (but it is for the sp3k)?

Also do you know if playback from tidal and qobuz apps is bit perfect on the se300?

Cheers!

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #662 of 721
Now we are talking. SE300 became very good for streaming. I have used Tidal this morning after changing time zone. It was fast and snappy

Mar 9, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #663 of 721
Now we are talking. SE300 became very good for streaming. I have used Tidal this morning after changing time zone. It was fast and snappy
I hat time zone do you use mate?

Mar 9, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #666 of 721
This fix , timezone change, along with ensuring my iPhone was brodcasting 5g
Ensure under settings ( maximum capacity is off), as turned on is 2.4 g only
That and a new CA iem, now we smoking 😀
IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #669 of 721
I listen with the SE300 (latest firmware) almost exclusively with Qobuz in offline mode and with WLAN switched off. But I always have short sporadic dropouts. It is better in online mode or in Roon mode, but WLAN consumes a lot of battery power. And I haven't had any dropouts in Roon mode yet.

Where do these dropouts come from in Qobuz offline mode? Everything should work smoothly there! I have already installed all available Qobuz versions from 7.12.0 onwards, but the problem remains. Any ideas what I could try?

Mar 12, 2024 at 9:15 AM Post #670 of 721
I listen with the SE300 (latest firmware) almost exclusively with Qobuz in offline mode and with WLAN switched off. But I always have short sporadic dropouts. It is better in online mode or in Roon mode, but WLAN consumes a lot of battery power. And I haven't had any dropouts in Roon mode yet.

Where do these dropouts come from in Qobuz offline mode? Everything should work smoothly there! I have already installed all available Qobuz versions from 7.12.0 onwards, but the problem remains. Any ideas what I could try?
Are you using internal memory or sd card for qobuz offline library?

Mar 12, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #671 of 721
Are you using internal memory or sd card for qobuz offline library?
I'm using internal storage but have also tried sd card. And I have to note that I'm using line-out (4V). But is it possible that this consumes so much cpu that it affects Qobuz playback?

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #672 of 721
I'm using internal storage but have also tried sd card. And I have to note that I'm using line-out (4V). But is it possible that this consumes so much cpu that it affects Qobuz playback?
I will reset the SE300 to factory settings again and test the Qobuz version 7.13.0.0 offered by A&K.

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the two internal storage locations offered by Qobuz? Thus between /storage/emulated/0/... and /data/user/0/...? Are different Android APIs used for the accesses (-> "emulated") and can this affect the latency when reading the audio files and possibly even lead to dropouts during playback?

ak_se300_yobuz.jpg

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #673 of 721
I will reset the SE300 to factory settings again and test the Qobuz version 7.13.0.0 offered by A&K.

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between the two internal storage locations offered by Qobuz? Thus between /storage/emulated/0/... and /data/user/0/...? Are different Android APIs used for the accesses (-> "emulated") and can this affect the latency when reading the audio files and possibly even lead to dropouts during playback?

ak_se300_yobuz.jpg
Have you tried or updated to newest app version
//////
I do not have any experience with Qobuz as i use Tidal ( haven’t tried myself)
Think new app version out
IMG_2317.jpeg

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #674 of 721
Have you tried or updated to newest app version
//////
I do not have any experience with Qobuz as i use Tidal ( haven’t tried myself)
Think new app version out
Yes, I have tested all Qobuz versions between 7.12.x and 7.14.2.0, and I also have the latest SE300 firmware update 1.12CM.

I have just reset the SE300 to factory settings, installed the Qobuz version 7.13.0.0 suggested under "Downloads" and downloaded 2 high-resolution albums. The first test with just the SE300 is still error-free after 10 minutes. This evening I will also test the LO mode (4V). We'll see if everything runs smoothly then.

I have now selected the file URIs without "emulated" in the Qobuz settings for the offline files. I don't know if that plays a role?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back