Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Jan 14, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #512 of 724
Anyone had or is having difficulty with Commander One not seeing their SE300?
Works fine for me (with an M1 Mac). Occasionally I have to disconnect the SE300 and reconnect, after a write error while transferring.

Jan 14, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #513 of 724
Not sure anyone responded, but apple music app works good, some lag and SQ is excellent especially lossless audio
Im guessing depending on music file, sq would be the same
Im still testing se300, however but wanted to respond as doesn’t seem anyone responded yet
Good, thanks very much for answering, I’m quite happy to read that as I’m a heavy Apple Music user on iPhone and Macbook and have no appetite to mess around with other streaming services or softwares.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:18 AM Post #515 of 724
Good, thanks very much for answering, I’m quite happy to read that as I’m a heavy Apple Music user on iPhone and Macbook and have no appetite to mess around with other streaming services or softwares.

When I first got my SE300 I was using Qobuz, but I had nothing but issues with the files when they were stored offline (stuttering etc.). I then moved to Tidal but didn't like it much.

I've now been using Apple Music for 3 months and I love it. I've compared the SQ of lossless files stored on the player with the same some on Lossless Apple Music and cannot for the life of me hear any difference 🙂

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #516 of 724
When I first got my SE300 I was using Qobuz, but I had nothing but issues with the files when they were stored offline (stuttering etc.). I then moved to Tidal but didn't like it much.

I've now been using Apple Music for 3 months and I love it. I've compared the SQ of lossless files stored on the player with the same some on Lossless Apple Music and cannot for the life of me hear any difference 🙂
Ok cool thanks a lot, good to know there are Apple Music users, sometime a when reading I have the feeling nobody uses it on DAPs!

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #518 of 724
Apple Music is lossless. Quality up to 192kHz/24Bit. Works well on the SE300. The interface renders rather slowly but it’s usuable and sounds amazing.

Jan 16, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #519 of 724
But Qobuz and Tidal are better as for The quality of Sound ? Apple musical is like Deezer or Spotify or do you think better ?
For sound quality, Qobuz is the best, without a doubt.
Then each of us can prefer one streaming service over another, for other reasons

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #520 of 724
Due to the fact the SE300 uses a Ladder R2R topology are you noticing to get the best SQ it may be best to let the SE300 warm up a few minutes? Ive noticed with my May DAC this is recommended.

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:10 PM Post #522 of 724
I am currently waiting for my SE 300, Since I also own the Cayin C9, which of the SE 300 settings affect line-out operation? Only NOS vs. OS? Or also class A vs. class AB and high vs. normal gain?

Jan 18, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #523 of 724
I am currently waiting for my SE 300, Since I also own the Cayin C9, which of the SE 300 settings affect line-out operation? Only NOS vs. OS? Or also class A vs. class AB and high vs. normal gain?
I have now received my used A&K SE 300. However, I can't find a serial number on the device. It is neither printed on it nor can I find it in the settings. Is there a way to find out the serial number?

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #525 of 724
Great combo SE300+Bokeh

IMG_7910.jpeg

Been in the hobby for a few years... and I realized that there is not such a thing as "end game", gladly... but I hope to settle here for a while :)... time will tell, I'm sure brands like ZMF, A&K will do their best to avoid my settlement :xf_cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back