Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Dec 21, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #453 of 732
Have been considering to get the SE300 for more than 1-2 months and while I have slight hesitation due to the potentially slow startup speed (not really a streamer but I do prefer my devices to start up fast and access my SDcard as quickly as possible), my other concern is less talk about which is the volume button, which seem to be relatively exposed. As someone who use the DAP on the go and in a pocket (or in a side pocket of a tote), I worried that over time the button become damaged. Also, I have bad experience with the iBasso DX300 which also have a huge button at the side which not only sometimes have accidental clicking or volume changes whenever i pull out or push into my jean pocket, it somehow eventually become damage over the years. Hence, want to check with existing users if my fears regarding the SE300 volume button somewhat overly irrational.

Dec 21, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #454 of 732
Have been considering to get the SE300 for more than 1-2 months and while I have slight hesitation due to the potentially slow startup speed (not really a streamer but I do prefer my devices to start up fast and access my SDcard as quickly as possible), my other concern is less talk about which is the volume button, which seem to be relatively exposed. As someone who use the DAP on the go and in a pocket (or in a side pocket of a tote), I worried that over time the button become damaged. Also, I have bad experience with the iBasso DX300 which also have a huge button at the side which not only sometimes have accidental clicking or volume changes whenever i pull out or push into my jean pocket, it somehow eventually become damage over the years. Hence, want to check with existing users if my fears regarding the SE300 volume button somewhat overly irrational.
Yes the volume dial sticks out a bit. I wouldn’t judge it as fragile but I probably wouldn’t put it in my jeans pocket either. Maybe get case to put it in. I hope that helps.

Dec 21, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #456 of 732
I always use it in my jeans pocket and have never had any problems.
Then, if you activate the "wheel lock" option you prevent the volume knob from working while you have the DAP in your pocket or inside a bag.
The build quality of A&K DAPs is always of a high standard

Dec 25, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #459 of 732
Santa Finally arrived
First listening session, ( needed to download latest Tidal version, burn in needed but SQ sounds nice but still need burn in time for proper evaluation needed
OS seems responsive
More impressions comming
She’s naked but shes going in the case
Merry Christmas all
JH Rosies 8 bal armatures listening session
IMG_2044.jpeg

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #460 of 732
Both the SE300 and SE300TI require 20-30 minutes of "warm-up" each time to return to normal operating mode by sound. After that, you can evaluate the sound. Even if you didn't turn off the player. Keep this in mind.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #461 of 732
Santa Finally arrived
First listening session, ( needed to download latest Tidal version, burn in needed but SQ sounds nice but still need burn in time for proper evaluation needed
OS seems responsive
More impressions comming
She’s naked but shes going in the case
Merry Christmas all
JH Rosies 8 bal armatures listening session
Tidal sounds horrible on AK players. If you stream I recommend Apple Music.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #462 of 732
Thx for help, Getting dropouts using latest version of Tidal App, hopefully this will stop
Gonna try apple music as yes i stream
/////
Loving sq as it seems like the more player burns in the more amazing the sound

Will do recommend warm up time to evaluate sq
Did you guys update the firmware?

Dec 25, 2023 at 8:46 PM Post #463 of 732
Thx for help, Getting dropouts using latest version of Tidal App, hopefully this will stop
Gonna try apple music as yes i stream
/////
Loving sq as it seems like the more player burns in the more amazing the sound

Will do recommend warm up time to evaluate sq
Did you guys update the firmware?
It took me a little time to get used to the sound, but I really enjoy it now. I’ve never noticed any warm up sound issues. I use qobuz, no drop issues. My main gripe is the laggy interface and hotel Wi-Fi issue, but both these issues have been discussed at length before in this thread.

If you just got your dap, congrats and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. The firmware update was pretty straightforward with no issues.

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #464 of 732
Both the SE300 and SE300TI require 20-30 minutes of "warm-up" each time to return to normal operating mode by sound. After that, you can evaluate the sound. Even if you didn't turn off the player. Keep this in mind.
What do you mean by warm-up ?
If we just switch on the player is enough or it must play music, if so headphones or IEMS must be connected ?

Dec 26, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #465 of 732
What do you mean by warm-up ?
If we just switch on the player is enough or it must play music, if so headphones or IEMS must be connected ?
yes, with headphones connected. After listening to 4-5 tracks, it does not matter where in the stock application or in Qobuz, the sound of the se300 goes into working mode. The sound becomes deeper, more transparent, detailed and expressive. It's like a film was taken off. Se300 goes into operation mode. Try to compare it. Turn on the listen track "on cold", put iem down to play on and after 30 minut listen to the same track. You'll hear for yourself. :)

This is not only the case in AK. In other players with r2r, it also takes time to enter the working sound mode. For example, in Hiby rs6 or rs8. This is a standard story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back