Astell&Kern Launches New R-2R DAP and IEMs at High End Munich 2023
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #137 of 732
Jun 2, 2023 at 3:29 AM Post #138 of 732
Ordered mine too. Are there cases other than A&K one that costs ridiculously expensive (120 euros for PU leather case)?

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #140 of 732
Set it up and got it running this morning. Sounds wonderful, as expected. Unfortunately, I’ve had to travel and won’t get back to listen until Wednesday. Out of the box, it sounds very very good. I mean very good. Scanning media never completed for the couple of hours i was with the machine. Hope that’s done when i get back. Also left burning in while I’m away.

Jun 5, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #142 of 732
Scanning media never completed for the couple of hours i was with the machine.
Never understood why or how this takes so long on dedicated machines, that have no other purpose. Various music apps on my phone read a 1tb sd card in maybe 30secs to 2 minutes. Honestly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #144 of 732
Just received my SE300 from Andrew @MusicTeck. Thanks again, shipping was really quick.
Now my LP6 7th Anniversary has a little brother.

IMG_0437.jpg

Jun 6, 2023 at 4:11 AM Post #145 of 732
A little brother or a very little brother, that is the question...

SE300 or iPhone & Roon ARC + W4...

I wanted to start with the very little one I'm waiting for : 🎶 ?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #147 of 732
While waiting for my SE300 to be delivered, did you all guys buy the official case? I find it too expensive for what it is. Is there another case that can work with it?

Jun 6, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #148 of 732
ava.jpg

I received mine today and I'm very happy with it so far. It matches my hopes/expectations. Coming from the SP3k which was too heavy for everyday use for me, the SE300 is exactly right, 100% sweet spot. And it features the same beautiful UI as the SP3k, this is great!

There is one annoyance though, that only is a problem for the initial setup. Both Wifi bands only connect at very low speed. 54MBit/s for both 2.4Ghz and also 5Ghz even if I put the SE300 directly side by side to the access point.

Like this it takes ages to download my playlists from Apple Music, hundreds of Gigabytes.

All other devices connect with up to 1.2Gbit/s on 5Ghz and at least 75Mbit/s on 2.4Ghz. I don't remember having this issue with the SP3k with the exact same network. Is this a common problem with the SE300? @JasonNYC could you look into this, please?

Jun 6, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #149 of 732
Set it up and got it running this morning. Sounds wonderful, as expected. Unfortunately, I’ve had to travel and won’t get back to listen until Wednesday. Out of the box, it sounds very very good. I mean very good. Scanning media never completed for the couple of hours i was with the machine. Hope that’s done when i get back. Also left burning in while I’m away.
You didn't take it with you? Seems like the perfect use case for a dap. I intend to take mine when I commute to work.

While waiting for my SE300 to be delivered, did you all guys buy the official case? I find it too expensive for what it is. Is there another case that can work with it?
Might be several weeks until someone makes and sells an off-brand case. Least that's how it was with iBasso products.

I'll be receiving mine today. Looking forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back