Astell&Kern Launches New flagship DAP and an IEM Collaboration with Empire Ears
Nov 20, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #346 of 395
Did anyone in this tread had a chance to compare Odyssey and Tia Fourté? Eventually using SP3000? Thanks
Hi! I compared the Odyssey and Tia Fourte but not with the SP3000 (no stocks at that time!). I used Fiio M17 and Mojo 2. Just an attempt on initial impressions, (of course YMMV) the Odyssey compared to Tia Fourte is very elevated in the bass region, prominently in the mid bass it seems (probably due to the driver combo). Also, the treble has more air to it -- and the presentation is "grander" as if the music is wrapped around me in a dome (or a shape-shifting booth it's so eerie at times), with the vocals slightly recessed at the center. Which also enhances the reverb effect, again probably due to the bone conduction imaging. So overall, strengths of the Odyssey (for my ears at least) are the sense of space (I'm still taking it in and figuring out how they've done it), definitive/weighty bass notes across the shelf (which takes some settling), much extended treble than the Legend Evo (the feedback of Odin and Evo having a child with this IEM may have been true).

Which brings us to the Fourte, I feel that its strength is a more coherent and texture rich presentation across frequencies, more nuanced mids, flatter tuning than the Odyssey, and music playing in front of you. For detail it really depends if you like texture - I'd give it to the Fourte, but for extended frequency range and physicality it's the Odyssey. Also tried Legend Evo, U12T, Solaris, Odin.

Again this experience may change and our guides here may have a different perspective, since I really haven't burned in the Odyssey for more than 15 hours. Apologies I haven't paired these all with the SP3000. Also curious how the experience is similar, and how it stacks up against MEST Mk2. Thanks!!

Nov 20, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #347 of 395
Thanks for the comparison! I think it gives a good understanding of the difference between them, independently from the source used. I have now the SP3000 and the Odyssey, just arrived, and the Fourté, and I can confirm. What I wanted to ask, but I was failing to write down one last word, was a comparison to the Tia Fourté Blanc 😉

Nov 20, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #348 of 395
Thanks for the comparison! I think it gives a good understanding of the difference between them, independently from the source used. I have now the SP3000 and the Odyssey, just arrived, and the Fourté, and I can confirm. What I wanted to ask, but I was failing to write down one last word, was a comparison to the Tia Fourté Blanc 😉
Cool! Ah yes the Blanc makes a difference :) Enjoy your set, and glad to latch onto your confirmation/thoughts about the Odyssey!

Nov 25, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #350 of 395
Time to upgrade my IEM's to get the full potential SP3K. Currently my go to are Rai Penta / Cadmus which were fine with SP1 & 2K. Are there enough Odyssey out there yet for a honest combo opinion? At the moment it is a toss up between Odyssey or VE Phonix which I can pickup £500 cheaper.

cheers

Nov 25, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #351 of 395
It might be hard to get Odyssey as they are limited edition, only 600 pairs made.

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #352 of 395
That is entirely up to Apple if they decide to cut support for certain versions of Android. As SP3000 will launch with Android 11, apps should support that version for at least the next 5 years, possibly longer.
So it’s version 11? As older had like version 6… and Tidal already demands 6 or never. This is a major point as the key reason to get this would be streaming

Dec 5, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #353 of 395
The downloaded files aren’t downloaded using the standard white listed versions, but the android “side loaded” versions of Tidal etc - correct? Is that a license thing, or restriction in partnership agreements, or just a choice? Since there’s even an official guide to how to “bypass” this restriction.

Dec 6, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #354 of 395
Since there’s even an official guide to how to “bypass” this restriction.
Can you supply more details on this? As far as I know, you can only download through the gui or side load AK approved apps.

Jan 10, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #355 of 395
I'm thinking of going all the way to TOTL and buy a SP3000. Anyone had any experience with battery issues, replacement and A&K customer service? I'd buy from a retailer that has a shop near me and he's an official retail, so no issues there. Just wondering if there is anything to know about customer support and battery (speaking about previous A&K players too as to have a general idea of the battery quality).
Also, anyone tried Neutron Player with this? Or other .apk files like syncthing? Very interested in knowing if i can custom install apps.
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #357 of 395
I think dealers received the units last month and they already ship the units in the US, better contact Moon.

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #358 of 395
I'm thinking of going all the way to TOTL and buy a SP3000. Anyone had any experience with battery issues, replacement and A&K customer service? I'd buy from a retailer that has a shop near me and he's an official retail, so no issues there. Just wondering if there is anything to know about customer support and battery (speaking about previous A&K players too as to have a general idea of the battery quality).
Also, anyone tried Neutron Player with this? Or other .apk files like syncthing? Very interested in knowing if i can custom install apps.
Thanks!
Not sp3k but my sp1k running Neutron app.
I stream via wifi to KEF ls50 wireless 2 (AK connect app can do too but neutron is my choice)

Jan 14, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #359 of 395
Not sp3k but my sp1k running Neutron app.
I stream via wifi to KEF ls50 wireless 2 (AK connect app can do too but neutron is my choice)
thanks for the reply! Does it play dsd natively? Any issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back