Astell&Kern Launches New A&norma SR35 Player
May 10, 2023 at 6:01 PM Post #151 of 592
Then the sr35 must be a very big step up from the sr25ii. Still waiting for some comparisons here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Havent heard the sr35 and i admit that im actually very interested in this device but if it sounds just only slightly better than the sr25ii then its a pass for me.
I liked the sr25ii but it doesnt compete with bigger boys like M8, M9, sp1kM, sp1k, dx300, dx320.
Yeah, you have made your point clear already. Try the device and make your own opinion. It’s the only one that counts.

Last edited:
May 10, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #152 of 592
Is Amazon HD still working on it? Im thinking of getting a used one for 900e. Maybe there is a possibility to install an older versions of the Amazon HD or Tidal. Then this player could serve another 2-3 years.
The AK closed system is a pain when youre using streaming services. My 5 years old Pioneer 300r, with Android 5.1 is still able to stream Tidal and Qobuz via UAPP. And it works flawlessly.

Both Amazon and Tidal now require Android 7. You can install older versions and they still work, although Amazon tends to crash from time to time.

May 11, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #153 of 592
Burning in the SR35 (received yesterday) with the FiR Audio Radon 6 (obtained mid last week). This combi sounds great and it looks sexy too :).

Attachments

• IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
May 11, 2023 at 6:59 AM Post #154 of 592
Burning in the SR35 (received yesterday) with the FiR Audio Radon 6 (obtained mid last week). This combi sounds great and it looks sexy too :).
Is that the official A&K black SR35 case?!

May 11, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #155 of 592
May 14, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #159 of 592
Looking forward for a comparison between this and the Hiby R6 Pro II, if this can match the SQ of the Hiby with this much better battery life, I really think is a no-brainer

May 18, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #161 of 592
Got AK SR35 yesterday. Returning my Shanling M6U because of two reasons.
1. The SR35 sounds better (IMHO)
2. M6U gets hot and when it happens it distorts the sound - I have a sensitive ear for that. It does not happen right away, only after a couple of hours of non-stop playback.
Looks like AK4493 needs some kind of better sink to dissipate the heat...

May 18, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #162 of 592
Same need here. Also curious to know if AK fixed obvious weaknesses from its past such as sluggish CPU, poor wifi performance for instance...

I received my SR35 yesterday and I have to say that the CPU appears unchanged from the SR25 and SR25 II (rk3326) so don't expect overall performance improvements. The new UI is nice, though. Wifi appears to be OK but I haven't thoroughly tested yet, no drop-outs so far. Seems more like an SR25 MKIII than a new model. Being "Roon-Ready" is the selling point for me as it's the smallest device in that category. I don't really understand the missing Roon ARC compatibility though as Jason said it runs Android 11 which should be just fine.

One glitch that I have noticed is that Amazon Music 360 audio tracks consistently skip/click every second or so, but Atmos works fine... maybe this can be fixed.

May 18, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #163 of 592
Looking forward to buying this dap but waiting for some feedback on it. I don't want to buy something and regret it later. I'm leaning on this or the M15S.

May 18, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #164 of 592
A question about the SR35 and other A&K daps in general:
The internal player (reading the music from a SD card) is good ? How it handles DSD (.dsf and .dff) file organizing ? Specially DSD files that are not splitted by tracks but have a .cue file with it.
I ask this because I bought a Shanling M1S and wanted to play some DSD files with .cue and it's an absolutely nightmare.....

May 18, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #165 of 592
That's what I've found not to be happy about ))
1. Samsung stock charger 5v 2A / 9v 1.7A is not gonna charge this thing (unlike AK SP2000). Traditional 5v 2A (no quick charge option) is fine.
2. I don't like the Power button placement- it's same size and location as the playback ones (different purpose control elements should not be located together) . Would be much better if they've built a power switch into Volume knob.
3. The font is tiny! No option to increase or decrease the font in the menu. Even in my old AK100 the font is more readable.
4. To those guys who are gonna use EQ - good luck. I've spent an hour or so to adjust a simple curve. You should have baby size fingers for that! ))
5. It is impolitely slow! Even for audio player. Browsing albums is not fun. You have to wait a couple of seconds until red blank icons get filled with your artwork pictures (all my artwork icons 450 x 450 pixels).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back