Astell&Kern Launches New A&norma SR35 Player
Jul 22, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #301 of 605
Hi all, quick question - does SR35 UI allow to browse music by folder structure as I put it? From reviews and youtube vdeos I am slightly worried it only allows to browse by (indexed) Artist, Album, etc.
Thanks!
You can browse folders based on how you structure it on the SD card or internal memory. It's past the different ways to find music, however if you go all the way to the right, you can organize which term comes first in the order and move it to the front if that's your preferred way.

Attachments

• 20230721_213611.jpg
    20230721_213611.jpg
    642.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #304 of 605
Does the SR35 model really have the same amp as the sp3000?
This is straight from the AK website. Go to the amp section of the link. LINK

"The SR35 is equipped with New generation AMP technology that was applied to the A&ultima line so that A&norma users can also enjoy the highest level of sound provided by the A&ultima line with this exclusive inhouse technology.

The new generation AMP technology applied to the SR35 is Astell&Kern's unique amplifier design that effectively improves noise reduction at high power output.

With this new technology, the SR35 contains the same amplifier design as the latest A&ultima and A&futura products, completely transforming into an amplifier design worthy of premium audio, from OPAMP selection to component placement and circuit design.

Moreover, in order to reliably operate different impedance output sources, the current handling capability at the output end is increased to maximize the performance of various devices with one SR35."

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #307 of 605
Hi guys I have looked back through the thread but can’t see an answer someone ask if the line out bypassed the volume control.
Does the SR35 have a proper line out or does it still pass through the headphone amp?
@JasonNYC ?

Jul 28, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #309 of 605
Sorry guys another question.
Does any one know if the dap is using Quad dac chips when in line out mode or dual?
I assume using LO does not impact the choice of quad or dual dac.

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #310 of 605
Does the Astell & Kern SR 35 have such an affliction that at the beginning of the song in the first second you can hear a knock or tick?
Particularly audible when subsequent tracks have different sampling, e.g. in Tidal, or when you press next track, the next track plays for a while?

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #314 of 605
line output is the line output. the amp is not included.
I do not claim that in A&K SR35 this is or is not the case - let people who know the topology of A&K products speak for themselves.
Whether the amplifier takes or not and to what extent on the line output.
But many comments on many forums show that the ability to set the output voltage on the linear output does not come out of nowhere and may come from the amplifier path, and whether this is really the secret of the manufacturers.

Aug 1, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #315 of 605
I do not claim that in A&K SR35 this is or is not the case - let people who know the topology of A&K products speak for themselves.
Whether the amplifier takes or not and to what extent on the line output.
But many comments on many forums show that the ability to set the output voltage on the linear output does not come out of nowhere and may come from the amplifier path, and whether this is really the secret of the manufacturers.

Agreed. It's more likely that line-out mode is passing through the amp at a fixed level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back