Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
Sep 9, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #61 of 2,084
Well...there are plenty of people who reviews products in the US and cater toward DAP and audiophiles just fine. Just can’t blame it on the reviewers when all they do is sending the units toward smartphones reviewing folks LOL!!!

anyways, what is the batteries being used In the Alpha ? it looks very bulky

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #62 of 2,084
Well...there are plenty of people who reviews products in the US and cater toward DAP and audiophiles just fine. Just can’t blame it on the reviewers when all they do is sending the units toward smartphones reviewing folks LOL!!!

anyways, what is the batteries being used In the Alpha ? it looks very bulky

I am also interested in what CPU is in the Kann Alpha.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #63 of 2,084
This is the very first time I am interested in getting A&K player! Can't wait for more info and reviews. I wonder how it will fare against MAX! I am seriously interested, hope doesn't disappoint.

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #64 of 2,084
This is the very first time I am interested in getting A&K player! Can't wait for more info and reviews. I wonder how it will fare against MAX! I am seriously interested, hope doesn't disappoint.
The Dx220Max is a 2 dedicated systems in one. It has a dedicated amplifier with amplifier own battery and analog volume potentiometer. Then it also has a DAC with DAC main batteries. Then the amplifier itself also is a discrete Super Class A with hand matched transistors. I doubt this Alpha has anything similar to be competitive....beside powerful output and bulky build. I would be happy to be proven wrong

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #65 of 2,084
I can’t wait to try these out! Honestly unexpected that 4.4 jack though. It’s gonna be a wild ride. 4.4 should really be the standard.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #66 of 2,084
Did I wake up in some alternate dimension? 4.4mm on a AK player.
This player looks tempting but I wonder what the battery life is.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #67 of 2,084
I can’t wait to see what they do with the SP2000 next year. Ive made the initial investment in a SP2000 so upgrading to its replacement won’t be shocking cost wise. Way to go AK in introducing 4.4.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #68 of 2,084
So excited to see sp3000CU with a 4.4mm 😜😛🙃🙂

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #70 of 2,084
The Dx220Max is a 2 dedicated systems in one. It has a dedicated amplifier with amplifier own battery and analog volume potentiometer. Then it also has a DAC with DAC main batteries. Then the amplifier itself also is a discrete Super Class A with hand matched transistors. I doubt this Alpha has anything similar to be competitive....beside powerful output and bulky build. I would be happy to be proven wrong
If you remove all the snot and drool and look at the ibasso dx220 max objectively, then this player is simply useless rubbish. Its sound is as simple as that of a regular 220. On complex tracks, all the material is served with greased porridge. The player is definitely not worth this money.

Sep 9, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #71 of 2,084
Sep 9, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #72 of 2,084
If you remove all the snot and drool and look at the ibasso dx220 max objectively, then this player is simply useless rubbish. Its sound is as simple as that of a regular 220. On complex tracks, all the material is served with greased porridge. The player is definitely not worth this money.

No damn physical buttons and the huge bezels! C’mon man it’s 2020!

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #74 of 2,084
Love this review...

Sep 9, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #75 of 2,084

Users who are viewing this thread

Back