Astell & Kern Kann MAX
Jul 5, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #76 of 549
My original Kann was having same issue, especially with Tidal, after few hours it would shut off by itself. I dont think there is inside some advanced cooling, but there are 4 x DACs plus high output amp ..

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #79 of 549
Thanx! I hope it sounds way better than the Alpha as i wasnt a big fan of the way it sounded. For me the Alpha was flat and uninspiring. I much prefered my former dx300. Now i have the dx320 so the Max has quite a tough fight ahead. But as i mentioned, i could sucrifice a small sq drop for the way smaller size of the device.
It really depends what sound signature you want, but I’d recommend giving the Max a try if you want a different sound. I think the sound on the Max is better but not something I can personally justify right now since I really like the Alpha.

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #81 of 549
It really depends what sound signature you want, but I’d recommend giving the Max a try if you want a different sound. I think the sound on the Max is better but not something I can personally justify right now since I really like the Alpha.
[/QUOTE
Yeah, thanks. That's very true, everything is subjective in this hobby. Will try for sure and maybe will write some brief comparison.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #83 of 549
"Next, I moved onto the KANN MAX with the Bose NC700 (Bluetooth connection) compared to the Focal Bentley headphones I was sent to get the most out of the A&K KANN MAX. The difference was night and day. "

Guy compared Bluetooth HP to Focal Bentley, this reviews are ridiculous.. obviously DAP can't hold to DX320 or used M17....

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #84 of 549
"Next, I moved onto the KANN MAX with the Bose NC700 (Bluetooth connection) compared to the Focal Bentley headphones I was sent to get the most out of the A&K KANN MAX. The difference was night and day. "

Guy compared Bluetooth HP to Focal Bentley, this reviews are ridiculous.. obviously DAP can't hold to DX320 or used M17....
You think the Max is worse than the dx320 sq wise? I will be receiving the Max on friday and will compare it to the 320.

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #86 of 549
You think the Max is worse than the dx320 sq wise? I will be receiving the Max on friday and will compare it to the 320.
All reviews are just general sound description, no comparisons to other DAPs, thats very weird. Then this one with Bluetooth...

Please do compare KMax to DX320, I have M17 and DX 312, very happy with both but would like to hear how that one compares, shoulder to shoulder.

IMHO opinion I dont think it can hold ground against DX320 but you will tell me am I right or wrong.

Jul 6, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #88 of 549

Not if you read all reviews apparently ... 🤷
Screenshot_2022-07-06-12-23-19-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #90 of 549
Let's see what owners will say.
Even does it 'matters' what owners ... ?
So many variables from the audio file, the cables, eartips, IEM, etc ...
Finally there's only one pair of ears who can approve or disagree
I have a Kann Alpha and sounds good so suppose the MAX will be a nice upgrade ?
Now I prefer my N8ii but it's almost x3 in price

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back