Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Sep 20, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #1,008 of 2,698
You would think that it would be more accurate than it is considering that the technology exists to make it extremely accurate.Oh well I know how to adjust it but still a bit surprising.Something for AK to work on,maybe.
For sure, it was suprising to me, too!

Sep 20, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #1,010 of 2,698
Can somebody answer me please?
Does the Astell And Kern KANN drive T1 (2. Gen) to its full potential?

The threshold of pain for human hearing is 120 dB SPL. Based on the specifications for those headphones, the calculated Mojo volume level with those headphones to reach 120 dB SPL is the LO preset level + 6 clicks. Whether that level would be considered "full potential" only you can decide. Be aware that this is purely theoretical as I have never listened to those headphones; I only did the math.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #1,012 of 2,698
That's exactly what I mean.Thanks for the tip.I have the correct number of folders on my sd card but somewhere in amongst all those folders is some missing FLAC files.I have no folders over 4GB so it's that's not the issue.I shall take a look at that program you suggest.
If you have a long file name it may create issues. Also if you have a folder in a folder it may sometimes create issue and Kann may not read it.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #1,013 of 2,698
I've had the Kann almost 4 months now and the time is spot on.
Agree there with you. I have had no issues with the Clock whatsoever.:)

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #1,014 of 2,698
Would you recommend KANN with Beyer T1? Would it push T1 to its limits?
T1 is a 600m ohms HP. Kann may be able to drive it but not to its full potential. If you want full potential you need a much more powerful amplifier. However, that does not mean Kann cannot drive it. You can get the listening level that you ears may sustain from Kann but if you prefer very loud music then I suggest go for an exclusive amplifier. Cheers.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #1,015 of 2,698
Can somebody answer me please?
Does the Astell And Kern KANN drive T1 (2. Gen) to its full potential?

It can reach satisfactory levels. I somehow preferred Kann paired with T1 gen2 rather than HD800S.
For full potential, I would still add an external amp.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #1,019 of 2,698
Just reset the time on my KANN to internet time,which I used before.Now I will check it occasionally to see how much it deviates in the days to come.This is about the third time I've reset it.Thursday September 21/17 7AM.
I think when Kann is off also the clock chip takes in power from built in battery to retain correct time. switching off the device does not reset the time. In your case I feel it maybe a manufacturing defect if time keep giving you in correct time.

Sep 21, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,020 of 2,698
I tried finding the missing files with some success and I had problems copying some of them over so I'm thinking too long file name but not sure.Wanted to rip a cd that I have issues copying but can't find the box it's in.Many many boxes filled with cd's.The simple solution is to buy that particular cd again.I re-tagged all my FLAC files from the dbpoweramp tagging to Jriver tags.Maybe that caused a problem.
Perhaps that may have been the cause like you said. Use only one programme for all your tagging and you are good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back