Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #872 of 2,698
there are bugs..i use MOOV streaming and its constantly give me warning WIFI signal not strong even though i am sitting next to the AP
I always feel DAP works best what its made for. Any extra features like wifi bluetooth or streaming services hinder the performance of the DAP and it is basically a manufacturers tool to sell the product and attract more clientele.

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #873 of 2,698
Anyone tried the Kann with LCD-2 HP. Any impressions would be welcome.:L3000:

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #874 of 2,698
For those who have subscribed to Tidal HiFi, how good and reliable is the service on a Kann? Tidal HiFi is quite good on my iPhones and a Onkyo DP-X1A but on some DAPs I have tried it's not very reliable.
Thanks

I've only encountered one glitch so far. Specifically, I got a connection error message despite still having a strong Wifi signal. The issue resolved itself after a while, though, so I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker.

Aug 25, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #878 of 2,698
IMG_6096.JPG Kann secret menu

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #883 of 2,698
Could be...but my guess is the amp. When left turned on but idle, the temperature dropped and stabilises. This sucker definitely need a good heatsink

I run them high gain on balanced out, volume around 70-ish.

Will bring back my infrared thermometer next week and measure the temp on the casing...not good tbh
If you keep the Kann face down the rear of the kann aluminum body acts as heat sink and it does not heat up much. So far I have had no issues. Cheers

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #884 of 2,698
KANN better sound than MOJO?
Mojo has larger soundstage and is more bright. Kann is warm but mojo is well balanced.

Aug 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #885 of 2,698
Mac users, does anybody have trouble to connect to Android File Transfer? In Kann's settings MTP checked but in drop down menu it switched to DAC. For AFT to recognise the Kann, I have to restart the Kann with usb cable connected. AFT won't see the player, if I disconnect the cable and connect it again. I am wondering if it's software glitch or I can fix it myself. Any thoughts?
I do have similar issue. The android file transfer does not play well with the kann.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back