Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
May 3, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #2,401 of 2,698
quick question here on SW update, the last few pages got really confusing and turned into somewhat of a *** show:

- is there a SW update available for my KANN right now?
- if yes, is the above bricking some units?

Ok.......
Last night I subscribed to Tidal and for the first time since owning the Kann....which I've now had for 3 weeks.....I turned the wifi on and connected to the net so I could listen to Tidal.
Of course I noticed that the player was telling me that there were software updates to do....but I made sure I didn't click on anything that would make an update occur.
Well......this morning it seems that perhaps during the night......software updates occurred. I didn't realise this until I noticed that the player was connected to my wifi. So I went into settings and the warning about software updates was gone and when I clicked on updates it said the player was up to date??
Not too sure how this happened but it says I am running Firmware version 1.12CM.
No problems with the player as far as I can tell.....so maybe they fixed the issue with the previous update that was causing problems for some?
Any thoughts anyone?!

May 7, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #2,407 of 2,698
Still trying to figure out some organizational/file structure issues on the KANN CUBE. I prefer my albums to be listed by YEAR OF RELASE (oldest to newest) and I always prefer under the artists’ name it would just be the albums listed then you click the individual albums open to show the track listing. I have a library of ALAC albums, that I usually just move over to the player using Android File Transfer from a removable Hard Drive. I’ve always had A&K players (AK240, AK300, AK70MKII) that easily allowed this kinda of structure. It seems the KANN CUBE is different.

May 8, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #2,409 of 2,698
Has anyone had problems with their KANN overheating during use? Mine gets so hot I can barely touch it. It seems to work if I let it cool down.
You will find some 30 posts in this thread about hot Kann. Mostly at DSD playback, SD card initial scan, CD ripping, and having it in a case. I think someone was writing that placing it on a cold stone table was helping a lot.

May 8, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #2,410 of 2,698
You will find some 30 posts in this thread about hot Kann. Mostly at DSD playback, SD card initial scan, CD ripping, and having it in a case. I think someone was writing that placing it on a cold stone table was helping a lot.
I just recently bought a Kann, i did notice with it being in the case that it came with, it got warm, not untouchable warm.

May 13, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #2,411 of 2,698
I can say that I have both KANN and the Cube.The Cube opens up the soundstage so much so that you would think there never was a soundstage in the KANN.Highs seem higher,crisper,good smooth bass,overall very smooth sound.Lots of volume and the quality of sound just keeps getting better as I increase the volume.I have old ears but I can still hear most frequencies.It all sounds good to me.I know now how much better my cans sound,glad I bought the Cube and so is my brother because he gets the KANN as a gift cus he's my bro! :D

Hi Terry,

I’m enjoying both my AK300 and my KANN, but I’m very interested in your comment about the KANN Cube soundstage. Could you please advise me as to a good music track or album that highlights the KANN Cube’s enhanced soundstage?

Thank you very much!
Oliver Barrett
Sunnyvale, CA
Hoosac19 (..at..) hotmail.com

May 13, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #2,412 of 2,698
Astell&Kern Global Event!

Show your Astell&Kern products off to the world and have the chance to win one of 48 Astell&Kern prizes.

Post a photo or video (less than one minute in length) of yourself enjoying music using an Astell&Kern product on your social media account with the hashtags #AstellnKern #AKGlobalEvent and #Music. Make sure your post is public. Send us the URL of your post via email to the email address listed on our website.

Event runs from May 14 to May 31, 2020 and winners will be announced June 5, 2020.

For more information and full details on how to enter, please visit https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/content/promotion/view.asp?idx=37&page=1&no=8

Entries are open to Astell&Kern owners worldwide, except where prohibited by local law.

2020Global_sns.jpg

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 14, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #2,413 of 2,698
I periodically experience file system integrity issues. Whenever it happens, and it happens after a few months, I find myself duplicate files, truncated files and so on. So I have to reformat the micro sd. The sd are good quality Sandisk, and formatted in fat32 with guiformat. Am I the only one that happens to?
micro SD are fine, no problem at all with other devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back