Astell&Kern KANN CUBE
Jul 22, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #511 of 2,200
Any news to report on how A&K is coming along with solving the 1TB card issue for the Cube?Works in the KANN.

I'm not sure if I should buy yet another micro card,512,or wait.Is this issue even being looked at with the intention of solving it?Is there any time frame?

I bought the Cube with the understanding that a 1TB would work,those cards are really expensive here in Canada and now I can't use it,bummer!

I need the space a 1TB provides as it holds my entire music library with room to spare.Exactly what I wanted,what I didn't want is just a 512 size.

Good job I'm adaptable and can live with a 512 but disappointed.

Fantastic sound from my Senns.

That is the only issue I have with the Cube.I do not stream since I have my own music library of all my favourites.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #512 of 2,200
Any news to report on how A&K is coming along with solving the 1TB card issue for the Cube?Works in the KANN.

I'm not sure if I should buy yet another micro card,512,or wait.Is this issue even being looked at with the intention of solving it?Is there any time frame?

I bought the Cube with the understanding that a 1TB would work,those cards are really expensive here in Canada and now I can't use it,bummer!

I need the space a 1TB provides as it holds my entire music library with room to spare.Exactly what I wanted,what I didn't want is just a 512 size.

That is the only issue I have with the Cube.I do not stream since I have my own music library of all my favourites.

They said they work, only hitch is slow initial scan which they are working on?

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #513 of 2,200
They said they work, only hitch is slow initial scan which they are working on?
Mine won't even do an initial scan,it keeps shutting off then turning on in a loop.How do they know they work if the card won't scan?Good job they know what they are doing and can post a downloadable fix,downloadable from a computer like the firmware update and not over the air.At least now I know they are on it and a solution can't be far off.Thanks for that information.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #514 of 2,200

This is the SanDisk card you are talking about?

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #516 of 2,200
Have you checked the card on your PC and confirmed its storage space? I know a few counterfeit cards have been sold via Amazon, probably just worth double checking the card isn't faulty in some way if you haven't already done so.

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #517 of 2,200
This is the SanDisk card you are talking about?
I paid $643.56 including tax and it is a SanDisk and it has my library on it and it works in my KANN so I know there is nothing wrong with the card.I can only wait and hope a fix is imminent.After hearing the sound of om cans from the Cube there is not much chance I could go back using the KANN.Just a setback I can deal with.Most probably will buy a 512 since my 400GB is full and more space is more tunes.:D
(I've liked my tunes all my life and I'm pushing 74 with severe COPD so I feel a sense of urgency)

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #518 of 2,200
I paid $643.56 including tax and it is a SanDisk and it has my library on it and it works in my KANN so I know there is nothing wrong with the card.I can only wait and hope a fix is imminent.After hearing the sound of om cans from the Cube there is not much chance I could go back using the KANN.Just a setback I can deal with.Most probably will buy a 512 since my 400GB is full and more space is more tunes.:D
(I've liked my tunes all my life and I'm pushing 74 with severe COPD so I feel a sense of urgency)

As a GP (family physician to those States side) I can appreciate the sense of urgency with severe COPD.

Hopefully the fix is along soon, I wonder if A&K might give an update on how they are going with testing 1gb cards?

Jul 22, 2019 at 11:18 PM Post #519 of 2,200
As a GP (family physician to those States side) I can appreciate the sense of urgency with severe COPD.

Hopefully the fix is along soon, I wonder if A&K might give an update on how they are going with testing 1gb cards?
That was my original thought.Oh and I'm legally blind and only have 1 eye,live alone,fend for myself,but do like my tunes.So I got that going for me:D
I find all my ailments just too funny:D

Jul 23, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #520 of 2,200
That was my original thought.Oh and I'm legally blind and only have 1 eye,live alone,fend for myself,but do like my tunes.So I got that going for me:D
I find all my ailments just too funny:D
Music is the best medicine Terry

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #522 of 2,200
...and my Cube enters the electrostatic era. Enormous, airy and crystal clear sound stage. Bass is thundering fast and hard hitting. I read reviews saying the Trinity is too warm but, with Cube they feel just the right amount. I drive them currently SE, high gain, around 70-80 volume. As I don't have any other DAPs at the moment, I cannot compare, but Cube and Trinity synergy is absolutely stunning.

upload_2019-7-23_12-12-53.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back