Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #3,078 of 3,321
I couldn't agree more, unfortunately the people of Astell & Kern, have already shown their lack of interest in the customers 
by not updating the firmware to fix the issue. They also take no part in any discussions regarding their product, even though
the comments are adverse publicity to their brand...... They DON,T CARE !!! about the customer once they have your 
money. 
Like others the only way you can impact on their brand is to :

Never buy an Astell & Kern product again.

Tell as many people as will listen of your experience with this company.

I intend to do both.,,

Mar 24, 2017 at 9:07 PM Post #3,079 of 3,321
They remind me one of those companies that will get so big that they can monopolize the market anyway, pumping out products with no regard for humanity and environment and in the end we will have no choice weather to give them money, soon they will bring out owners tax that will automatically debit our paycheck everytime we turn it on and every hour its left running

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #3,080 of 3,321
I have been following this thread for a long time.
It's a known fact this dap is not getting any more attention from AK, despite all the issues raised here.
Still, thanks to some unhappy users, I managed to get a one month old used unit at below USD$200.
After few weeks of listening, I have to say this is one of my best buy in term of sound and IEM pairing.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #3,081 of 3,321

The sound is definitely very good but the rest........ And yet, people hand over multiple thousands of dollars for their products even though they appear not to give a toss about their customers!!! 
Admittedly their designs are very nice(to my eye) but their attitude sucks and many owners of their products defend their business practices. I bet they must be laughing all the way to the bank with the money they are making. Just my 2c worth.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #3,082 of 3,321
The sound is definitely very good but the rest........ And yet, people hand over multiple thousands of dollars for their products even though they appear not to give a toss about their customers!!! 
Admittedly their designs are very nice(to my eye) but their attitude sucks and many owners of their products defend their business practices. I bet they must be laughing all the way to the bank with the money they are making. Just my 2c worth.

I don't know. I think the only product getting this treatment from them is the AK Jr. I don't think the rest are treated this badly, but I could be wrong.
That's why I'm not sure where to go when I decide to upgrade. The AK Jr sounds spectacular, and so I would want something warm and musical like it, but I'm not sure if I could go with another A&K after this.
Not that I'm looking to upgrade or anything.... I just bought this... I need to wait.... I can wait right?

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #3,083 of 3,321

Of course you can wait....... Until it becomes a distraction! When you upgrade, don't reward companies with questionable business ethics with your business. There are many good, honest, innovative and caring companies that deserve our business as opposed to the shysters who don't give a toss about their customers. Just my 2c worth.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #3,084 of 3,321
wow thanks, 2 cents is a lot of money for an AK owner
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #3,085 of 3,321
Hey guys and gals,

I am currently planning on purchasing an Astell & Kern AK Jr player, and pairing it with newly bought Sennheser HD650s, without an additional amp.

Has anyone ever had this combo, and are you able to share your impressions with it? I read about it online, and it seems the Jr can power the 650s sufficiently, but I'd like to collect some more feedback before I pull the trigger.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:39 AM Post #3,086 of 3,321

Of course you can wait....... Until it becomes a distraction! When you upgrade, don't reward companies with questionable business ethics with your business. There are many good, honest, innovative and caring companies that deserve our business as opposed to the shysters who don't give a toss about their customers. Just my 2c worth.

Yeah, I'm buying cheap earbuds that are simply amazing for the price, if they fault who's matter.
I'm getting annoyed to be treated like an idiot in this headphones business,I have Stax, Audeze, etc; they sound good but prices are out of reason considering they don't even answer to the emails (probably are in an Atoll beach drinking champagne). I already changed mind about some purchases, don't think I'll come back. 
I keep the money for other hobbies until the companies show different attitude with much more respect for customers.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #3,087 of 3,321
  Hey guys and gals,

I am currently planning on purchasing an Astell & Kern AK Jr player, and pairing it with newly bought Sennheser HD650s, without an additional amp.

Has anyone ever had this combo, and are you able to share your impressions with it? I read about it online, and it seems the Jr can power the 650s sufficiently, but I'd like to collect some more feedback before I pull the trigger.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Guy,

I have a Jr. and HD650 and while they sound fine together the HD650's ideally need more power to drive them to best advantage. I think you would be better served using a less demanding to drive headphone(lower impedance) or add an external amp to drive the HD650 to best effect. I only use my HD650's with my desktop amps as they have a lot more output power and can drive the HD650's with authority. I use my lower impedance full sized headphones with the Jr. and they work just fine. Keep in mind that the HD650's are known to be a difficult headphone to drive to maximum potential. It is not a fault of the Jr. but rather a characteristic of the HD650's. That being said, the Jr. will drive MOST lower impedance headphones with authority. Hope that helps. Cheers.

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #3,088 of 3,321
I'm hoping someone might know some info on an issue I'm having a little frustration with. Whenever I hook up the ak jr to the stereo or car through the USB, only the files within the ak's internal storage show up, for some reason the files that are found in the micro SD I can't see. The weird thing is it worked once before but I can't figure out how it happened

Please, if any knows any info on this, I would truly appreciate it

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #3,089 of 3,321
Is there a limit on image size for album artwork on this player? I have a load of files waiting to go on the device when I get in a couple of week's time & dont want to be doing loads more work after I have moved the files onto the device. many thanks for any help suggested. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #3,090 of 3,321
  Is there a limit on image size for album artwork on this player? I have a load of files waiting to go on the device when I get in a couple of week's time & dont want to be doing loads more work after I have moved the files onto the device. many thanks for any help suggested. 

There is, don't recall the size, i used mp3tag to redo the faulty ones at 500x500 or somewhere in that range just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back