Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #2,073 of 3,321
Personally I bought my Jr a couple months ago and hope they do release a new version, it doesn't change my Jr, its still awesome sounding but if the new one ships with ak4490 dac I'm in!
The only updates I would like for current one are:

Option to show only MQS files

Smoother scrolling, its ok right now but far from AK100ii.

DAC fix for usb 3.0/Win 10

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #2,074 of 3,321
Personally I bought my Jr a couple months ago and hope they do release a new version, it doesn't change my Jr, its still awesome sounding but if the new one ships with ak4490 dac I'm in!
The only updates I would like for current one are:

Option to show only MQS files

Smoother scrolling, its ok right now but far from AK100ii.

DAC fix for usb 3.0/Win 10

No issues like crash after long pause on 24bit files? Or the known issue(bad SQ) switching from low res to high res songs?

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #2,076 of 3,321
I personally think AK JR ii is totally expected to drop very soon.

Refreshing after one year to 1.5 years is typical AK business practice. Many don't like it but that's what they've been doing for the past 4 years.

It ain't gonna change... people have already complained about it A LOT and then these same people keeep buying new players
very_evil_smiley.gif

I woud like to see a better CPU for faster handling times and maybe the new AKM4490. I don't need bluetooth, but an optical out so I can use a Mojo with it would be nice...

They will also probably release a AK300, a single DAC model of the AK320 too, among other things
wink.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #2,077 of 3,321
I guess if we continue to support these people and still buy their expensive products after our negative experiences with them, then we deserve what we get. We need to vote with our dollars and spend them elsewhere.
I will never buy another one of their products again because of their non-existent after sales service. Once bitten, twice shy!

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #2,079 of 3,321
I strongly believe there would be no further updates for this player. And thats because of the unknown way underpowered cpu they've used. No update would make it faster...even if they clock it up then other unknown issues may happen.

Feb 18, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #2,082 of 3,321
I know there is a lot of unhappy people on this thread... but I personally do like the JR as a product.

It sounds great for the price... I prefer the sound over the Ibasso D90 and Fiio X5. I also like the UI better too... In fact on just sound alone I think I prefer the JR over the AK100ii which sounded really good in balanced mode. The JR has less seperation and layers, but also a more tonal density and a more 3D envloping sound that's very lively and engaging without being colored.

As for the JR II, it doesn't make the JR sound any worse. This will always be a great little player for me.

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,085 of 3,321
@M13

No one is denying that this sounds awesome it's there customer service and lack of upkeep for the products they sell for the price. Fiio and ibasso are AWESOME when it comes to customer relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back