Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #1,502 of 3,321
  how is ak jr with file transfer on mac os x?  i've read some horror stories about the android based firmware and file transfer - is it fair to say ak jr doesn't suffer from this?

Correct. The Jr simply mounts as a local drive and you drag and drop.  No issues.  The AK240 and similar require the Android File Transfer software to facilitate the movement of files.  That software can be problematic. 

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #1,503 of 3,321
perfect, that's what i need to know - thank you!

so now i'm hoping for some feedback from some folks here about a headphone amp pairing?

i'm currently using rwak100-s & vorzuge pure 2 and want something with a wide soundstage and of course that black background that pure 2 is known for....

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #1,504 of 3,321
  perfect, that's what i need to know - thank you!

so now i'm hoping for some feedback from some folks here about a headphone amp pairing?

i'm currently using rwak100-s & vorzuge pure 2 and want something with a wide soundstage and of course that black background that pure 2 is known for....

Your Vorzuge Pure 2 will look huge compare to the Jr., and I think the new Headstage Arrow 5TX will fit the Jr. perfectly.

Nov 5, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,505 of 3,321
I've just received my AK Jr and love the thing, but I cannot get the main album screen to display all of the album covers, although they show up when you play a song.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm not going through 100 pages to find the answer, so am hoping someone can let me know if this is possible please?

Cheers

Nov 5, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #1,506 of 3,321
  I've just received my AK Jr and love the thing, but I cannot get the main album screen to display all of the album covers, although they show up when you play a song.

I'm sure this has been answered before, but I'm not going through 100 pages to find the answer, so am hoping someone can let me know if this is possible please?

Cheers

You'll want to use a program like Mp3tag to re-add the artwork. I generally stick with a 500x500 jpeg and that usually works fine. If you want your music to have higher resolution artwork, then you'll have to test it to see what the limits are (if any). If you get your artwork from Google images, you may come across a progressive jpeg which, if I recall, the Jr has trouble loading. If that happens, you can either try another image or open the file in an image editing program and then re-save it.

Nov 6, 2015 at 1:00 AM Post #1,507 of 3,321

Cheers

I also recommend MP3Tag. Also note that png format is not supported, so stick with jpg.

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,508 of 3,321
I have found that the best free program for album art is  "Album Art Downloader"

It searches various sites where album art is stored such as Amazon and many others and displays the results and you can instantly see the sizes and which ones are in .jpg format.

As the last poster commented, avoid the .png format

http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art/

Nov 6, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #1,509 of 3,321
Re album art downloader, when you have chosen your desired album picture, just drag and drop the picture into the folder for your album and it creates a file name folder.jpg

Rescan your music folders on your DAP and it should show up.

The above instructions are for Windows.  I'm not sure how it works on a mac

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #1,511 of 3,321
Shuffle is weird, if you play shuffle all songs for say 10 songs then choose a different song from the now playing list the same songs that played last time come up again, to fix this you need to reshuffle, you have to unhighlight the shuffle button then press it again.

Nov 8, 2015 at 1:03 AM Post #1,512 of 3,321
Can the Jr. Be used with say an out board amped dac like the chord mojo thru the line out feature? It doesn't have an optical outpu. Thx in advance.

Nov 8, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #1,513 of 3,321
Can the Jr. Be used with say an out board amped dac like the chord mojo thru the line out feature? It doesn't have an optical outpu. Thx in advance.

Don't think so. The Mojo is digital in only so there's no direct way to get the Jr's line out signal into the Mojo (also too bad the Jr. can't do otg over usb like android players).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back