Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #2,765 of 3,321
I've spoken to a few users on here in the last few hours... consensus is that the HD650 cannot be driven well from the Jr., such a shame.

While we're on the topic, the new SuperMini drives them extremely well for a portable rig. Anyone interested might want to check them out.

Nov 13, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #2,767 of 3,321
I was trying to find a pair of in-ears which will do justice to the AK Jr. I have tried it with Shure SE215, Sennheiser Momentum in ear, Bose soundtrue ultra. I have not found any of them to be good with AK Jr as they are not able to bring the details AK Jr can provide.

I have paired the AK Jr with Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm and found the detail to be amazing, but the bass was muddy and the volume was never high enough. I paired them with Hifiman He 400i and I'm quite happy with the setup.

I'm trying to find an in-ear which can compliment the abilities if the player. Please pour in you suggestions.

Nov 13, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2,769 of 3,321
I was trying to find a pair of in-ears which will do justice to the AK Jr. I have tried it with Shure SE215, Sennheiser Momentum in ear, Bose soundtrue ultra. I have not found any of them to be good with AK Jr as they are not able to bring the details AK Jr can provide.

I have paired the AK Jr with Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm and found the detail to be amazing, but the bass was muddy and the volume was never high enough. I paired them with Hifiman He 400i and I'm quite happy with the setup.

I'm trying to find an in-ear which can compliment the abilities if the player. Please pour in you suggestions.

I would suggest checking out Massdrop to see what they have. I would also HiFiMAN's Black Friday going on now.

Nov 14, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #2,771 of 3,321
Ordered mine today... pretty exciting because im stepping into the unknown... i'm also awaitin' the brand new ProPhile-8 from InEar and are not released right now. I've tested the Jr. with my StageDiver 3 (also from InEar) and this was already mind blowing cant wait to check my IEM's with my very own Junior...

Does someone has any suggestions regarding special Firmware or Specials Settings? I'm using an ibasso dx50 with rockbox and i'm quite new to the astell&kern-family.. so do you mod your a&k??

Dec 7, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #2,774 of 3,321
Tried to open my Jr today , the two screws are T6 but are not screws as such. They have unlimited travel in both directions and seem to me to be part of a spring loaded mechanism.
Interestingly the screws have the star in the middle but also have several cracks leading out to edge, suspect they allow the screw to be somehow pressed or clamped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back