Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Sep 18, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #886 of 1,190
The sound of my T8iE hasn't disappointed me ever since I bought it on launch.

T8iE being a single dynamic driver means it is a lot more tolerant to amp performance (output impedance etc.), compared to multi-BA earphones like the Shure etc. That means the frequency response of T8iE (the way the designers at Beyerdynamic intended) does not get messed up much due to different amp choices.

If carrying a bulk is not a concern then I think Mojo is a great candidate to pair with Z5. There are pros and cons discussed by many people already (just look at the Mojo thread count...) and you may see some haters out there, but the fact of the matter is that it is selling extremely well, and people are buying them after repeated demo listens. It's such a complete package of good USB DAC + powerful headphone amp, with a novel sound design that's not run-off-the-mill.

Recently other companies are starting to release new USB DAC/amp products that are somewhat inspired by the success of Mojo, with equally impressive specs, so the choice will grow thanks to Mojo's contribution.

If you want to get a new DAP to replace the X1 then it will cost you quite a bit. Maybe the X7 + amp module combination is a good flexible starting point. Just like with earphones, cheaper DAPs always have some annoying issues or sound signatures and you end up buying and selling them more frequently....

Ah, I see, thank you! Shall start saving up, perhaps I'll be able to get a full setup by my birthday next year :)

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #887 of 1,190
Ah, I see, thank you! Shall start saving up, perhaps I'll be able to get a full setup by my birthday next year
smily_headphones1.gif

Well.. by the time you reach your birthday next year, I'm sure a lot of things we mentioned will be obsolete/discontinued, and we will all be driving flying cars.
Best to check out what's the best and the latest at the time you are ready to buy something.

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #889 of 1,190
Any idea what kind of VERY large tips can be used with the T8ie ovale nozzles ?
I was using large JVC spiral dot tips until now, but the seal gets slightly broken when I open my mouth because they're a bit too small.

The only extre-large that I have are for bigger nozzles.

Sep 22, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #891 of 1,190
Gotta say the silver looks kinda cheap, the gunmetal grey on A&K version made it look much more desirable.

Sep 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #895 of 1,190
Oh... Damn okay. I shall wait for impressions then, it seems these are only available in China currently? Couldn't find any other info on these anywhere other than on Baidu, but even my Chinese isn't that proficient (oops)

think it was only announced yesterday on china site. but its stated that it will be released in october, so hopefully we will be hearing more impression about it by then.

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #896 of 1,190
think it was only announced yesterday on china site. but its stated that it will be released in october, so hopefully we will be hearing more impression about it by then.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! Seems that if I buy a pair of these compared to a AKT8ie Mkii at retail price, there'd be little difference due to exchange rates. Could be more favourable though.

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #899 of 1,190
Water resistant
c1b1fa334d5b0ac9bf74d249d51d92dd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 26, 2016 at 6:36 AM Post #900 of 1,190
Rest looks the same
e0d92b2edb5f77355cd176bb92bd041c.jpg
c9afb580d7a336b63598ac4d54646261.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back