Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Sep 20, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #76 of 1,190
mmm.....the ten thousand dollar question that no one has touched yet: HOW is the fitment? Which eartips to use and why? Eartip issue is one of the most frustrating thing to deal with universals (yeah, I'm eyeballing you JH Layla), with few exceptions (like the exceptional AKG K3003i). Any info would be much appreciated.

i'm hearing nothing but the great things about the fitment (haven't tried myself yet).
people are raving about the fitment more than anything right now and that alone make me wanna buy it even though it's way beyond my budget...

Sep 26, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #79 of 1,190
Don't know when it will be available but T8ie are now up on astell and kern website : 
http://www.astellnkern.com/eng/htm/accessory/t8ie.asp

Sep 26, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #81 of 1,190
I wish I had known about you... would love to meet at Showsttoppers...

but I met AK T8iE instead and wow, i have just thee words to say: THAT SOUND STAGE

I was promised a review uunit but to be honest, I cant believe it will happen, that would be beyond my wildest dreams.

I also loved their selection of music - i was able to listen to music I use when evaluating headphoones. Rebecca Pidgeon, would you believe that?
That is a classic amongst audiophiles, I can remember they already did present the Rebecca Pidgeon cd 20 years ago on the German High End messe

Sep 27, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #86 of 1,190
mmm....1064 bucks  is not that bad a price. I hope that proper reviews are forthcoming. Personallly, I'm interested in how it fares against the AKG K3003 and Rhapsodio RTi1 (vested interest since I own both).   

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #87 of 1,190
I tried those yesterday at e-earphone.
I really liked them. They are some kind of a warm sounding IEM (warmer than my Oriolus and my K10U for example) without compromised mids or highs. The bass are very powerfull and articulate but with a polite presentation. Did'nt heard such a presentation in other earphones. It's a very natural feeling you get with your music when listening to those. They didn't feel like a standard dynamic driver based IEM, It's pretty unique I guess. The soundstage was very coherent too. Resolution is also wonderfull with great extension on both side of the spectrum. the build and fit were fantastic too. I might grab a pair when I'll have the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back