Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Sep 6, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #47 of 1,190
on the bright side, detailed , spacious.
Except  Dt150(dark and warm) and flagship T1 and T5p , those are different beasts.  Thick sound , with lots of body in the mids , smooth but very detailed treble. 

Lowend depends on the model , some Beyer are treble focused, some are mids focused, and some got plenty of bass ( like dt990 and dt770)

Hmm , since AK T8iE will be using Tesla technology driver , i expect sound to be very reviling, spacious, with smooth yet very detailed treble and lots of mids, probably on a bright side...

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #48 of 1,190
I have plenty of experience with IEMs, thank you.  So, I respectively disagree.  Now, I grant you that everyone has their preferences and biases but the IE800 soundstage is pretty good.  Better than others I have owned and auditioned in that same price point. 

Understood.

It just doesn't rank very highly at all in terms of soundstage for me.

Still, would love to hear this new beyer iem! Also hope there's a beyer-only version haha

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #57 of 1,190
The Senn IE800 was one - if not the best sounding IEM I had, but there were a few problems. No good fit in the ear, extreme microphonics in the upper cable, no comply foam fit or other 3rd party alternative. Then he had to go and I did go with the 846. If the T8iE is on par or beyond the IE800 then I will give them a shot. The only problem is the swiss importer he always put an 20% price increase on every AK product because he can (based on the german/EU price).

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #58 of 1,190
There will be another love child by end of September (aside from the T8iE) from AK and Beyerdynamic:
http://www.modernhifi.de/interview-beyerdynamic-astell-kern/

"AND HOW DOES IT CONTINUE? For the future a bit COMMON planned?
Wolfgang Luckhardt: Beyerdynamic and Astell & Kern will continue to collaborate. We already have another product in the pipeline."
gs1000.gif

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #59 of 1,190
  The Senn IE800 was one - if not the best sounding IEM I had, but there were a few problems. No good fit in the ear, extreme microphonics in the upper cable, no comply foam fit or other 3rd party alternative. Then he had to go and I did go with the 846. If the T8iE is on par or beyond the IE800 then I will give them a shot. The only problem is the swiss importer he always put an 20% price increase on every AK product because he can (based on the german/EU price).

Hm... Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

Sep 7, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #60 of 1,190
  Hm... Isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

He did say best sounding!  Not best fitting.  In fact the loose fit is part of what gives it the nice soundstage.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back