Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Jun 16, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #617 of 1,190
  What would be sweat is a 50% coupon for crystal cable mmcx upgrade cable.

Yes, or something that says "we are sorry and wish you to be loyal customers" and do something for customers who have already paid.  It matters.  

We have been through a total of 3, with 1 defective.  

I have not been able to get enough feedback here to estimate how many defective units fans of Beyerdyanmic Astell & Kern T8's have been impacted, but this is a public forum and in spite of their size and pricing policies, I want them to take notice of us.  

I will try to post my serial numbers. 

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #618 of 1,190
Half of the post in this thread contains complaint about defective product, that should say something. It can be attributed to vocal minority but considering this is a $1k IEM, I don't think the community will be that big to warrant for a "vocal minority" especially with serial numbers still ranging in 10s of thousands.

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #619 of 1,190
Half of the post in this thread contains complaint about defective product, that should say something. It can be attributed to vocal minority but considering this is a $1k IEM, I don't think the community will be that big to warrant for a "vocal minority" especially with serial numbers still ranging in 10s of thousands.

They are two big companies, such stuff up are what we expect from smaller companies not big one. It was this small minority that forced for instance JH to improve there housing.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #620 of 1,190
I did an A/B test of the IE800 and AKT8ie...IE800 is far more clearer with a massive soundstage. The clarity is like cold steel...Precise and true. In comparison AK seemed veiled...The vocals were too up front, also it was much louder tha IE800 at the same volume. I much prefer the IE800. Great IEM.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #621 of 1,190
I did an A/B test of the IE800 and AKT8ie...IE800 is far more clearer with a massive soundstage. The clarity is like cold steel...Precise and true. In comparison AK seemed veiled...The vocals were too up front, also it was much louder tha IE800 at the same volume. I much prefer the IE800. Great IEM.
I agree but, the AKT8ie looks great.

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #623 of 1,190
They do look nice...But looks are not everything :)
After seven days of listening to it the looks just wasnt enough.
Also earpieces for me were too small.

Jun 18, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #627 of 1,190
Finally got some time to write my review on the T8. I hope you like it!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-ak-t8-ie/reviews/16240

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #629 of 1,190
General Question:  I recognize that most say there is a difference between audio cables and digital cables, so this is strictly about headphone cables.  

Has this claim ever been affirmed in subsequent scientific tests?   I don't think my ears are exempt from expectation bias and suggestibility:

The Silver Dragon gives a +3db increase in input sensitivity across the entire frequency range and much greater detail than any other cable." Jerry Harvey, JH Audio.

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #630 of 1,190
General Question:  I recognize that most say there is a difference between audio cables and digital cables, so this is strictly about headphone cables.  

Has this claim ever been affirmed in subsequent scientific tests?   I don't think my ears are exempt from expectation bias and suggestibility:

The Silver Dragon gives a +3db increase in input sensitivity across the entire frequency range and much greater detail than any other cable." Jerry Harvey, JH Audio.

The Copper/Silver sounded thicker compared to the Silver/Gold. I bought the Copper/Silver.

The iems are all the same model with same tips but each has different after market cable. They sound very different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back