Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Oct 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #948 of 1,058
My MediaCenter playlists import to the AK70 MkII just fine. Since I use an Apple for my server, I've been saving my music on an SD card and plugging it into my DAP.

Now, playlists do not import well on my AK Jr. The individual tracks import just fine, but the play list information is always lost. That inconvenience is offset by the fact that for some reason I can import music directly to the AK Jr., no SD card needed. Must be the non-Android operating system on the Jr.

Oct 13, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #949 of 1,058
My MediaCenter playlists import to the AK70 MkII just fine. Since I use an Apple for my server, I've been saving my music on an SD card and plugging it into my DAP.

Now, playlists do not import well on my AK Jr. The individual tracks import just fine, but the play list information is always lost. That inconvenience is offset by the fact that for some reason I can import music directly to the AK Jr., no SD card needed. Must be the non-Android operating system on the Jr.
Can you dm me one or just paste a few lines in here so I can see the format?

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #950 of 1,058
Oct 19, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #955 of 1,058
What does offline do, can you explain benefits or how it works, does it save to folder then you can play later without connecting to internet?

Sorry not familiar with offline
Thx

Tidal is a a high resolution streaming service.
If you like s song you can download load it on your Dap so when your on a airplane you will not need wifi to hear the songs you're download.
You don't Own the song but as long as you keep your tidal service you can save songs

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #956 of 1,058
What does offline do, can you explain benefits or how it works, does it save to folder then you can play later without connecting to internet?

Sorry not familiar with offline
Thx

Yes, offline works exactly that way. Your musics can be automatically saved to your offline player like Onkyo HD player, Hiby music player, or maybe Neutron, etc...

Oct 22, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #958 of 1,058
Is it worth getting this player to use for work or would I be better off with Norma?

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #959 of 1,058
I've never had a dedicated DAP quite like this and I'm loving it so far, except for one (not-so-little) thing -- the fact that the library scan takes WAY too long after re-inserting the SD card. Currently, it's about 15 minutes before I'm able to listen. (And yes, I have stuff on the internal storage too, but even that doesn't work very well while it's still scanning the SD; playback keeps stopping/stuttering).

I'm the kind of person who likes to update his mobile music library VERY often. I've been able to remember to eject the stupid thing earlier than usual so that it's ready for when I leave, but god forbid I forget... Can't even listen to a damn thing until my commute is almost half over!

Is this just the way it is w/ this DAP? I'm guessing that's probably the case, since it's a few years old now, but... Had to ask, since I haven't found much about this yet.

EDIT: Also, why does only some of my artwork show up?! So frustrating.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #960 of 1,058
Is it worth getting this player to use for work or would I be better off with Norma?

sound quality only//////

aK70 was a Dap of the year
Ak 70m2, was upgrade just made things better
( doubled Dac chips)
I own Kann and ak702,,

Sq only, Kann wins as to me it sounds better, little more weight to notes, plus you can adjust gain which may help with headphones
Ak 70 2, is no slouch, it may beat Kann in soundstage by a tiny fraction
( just my 2 cents)

SR 15, with new software ability to use more streaming services would be my choice as same price remained same as aK70 2, and updated dac chips etc..

headphones really matter as important to find good pairings

Cables matter as well

What a hobby

I use JH Rosie’s, updated 8 balance armature model via balance cable
Ak had a deal combo when I got aK70 2,,

Hope this helps

Not an expert but just some thoughts from someone new to dap game myself

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back